History of the AR15......this is awesome

BillBro68

Well-Known Fanatic
The best "History of the M16" I've seen is by Chris Bartocci who runs Snall Arms Solutions. Chris eats, breaths and sleeps the M16/AR15 platform rifles. He has had it seems an intimate relationship with this rifle.

He has a YouTube channel and anyone wanting to know more about their AR would do themselves a great service by looking at his works.

Last edited:

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Author got all his talking points straight from US Congress....so ya know it's actual factual real deal horseshit.

Funny video.

I needed the laugh. Been watching too much news lately.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Author got all his talking points straight from US Congress....so ya know it's actual factual real deal horseshit.

Funny video.

I needed the laugh. Been watching too much news lately.
I've been seeing too much news too. Very little is encouraging.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I've been seeing too much news too. Very little is encouraging.
It is amazing how bright & joyful the world was last year.....even with Covid breaking out....we were in much better shape with Nation's leadership....POTUS,VP & their cabinets.....our best interests and futures were in much better shape.

Now, even after we have gained ground on covid and should be flourishing.....we are declining horribly. The soul of our country is at stake.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It is amazing how bright & joyful the world was last year.....even with Covid breaking out....we were in much better shape with Nation's leadership....POTUS,VP & their cabinets.....our best interests and futures were in much better shape.

Now, even after we have gained ground on covid and should be flourishing.....we are declining horribly. The soul of our country is at stake.
The performance of the country is mirroring the inept leadership we now have.:mad:

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Funny lookin AR…..;)
Yep sure is, not much in the way of Plastic either I noticed about the M21. ;)

For the real deal we have a Sniper Rifle in semi auto only. : A true battle rifle not a .22 cal carbine like the Mouse gun. :oops: Or the Rat rifle LOL.

Use what ever you can shoot well, it's just that the M21 will hit it at 800 yards, not just fall short.

The M4 version of the M16 is one fine short range full auto room sweeper like the MP5
fast & 4 close up work. The AR/M16 platform has evolved into the M4. What does that say about
the true nature of the M16 Carbine?

When I pulled Target duty for the AMU with their new Sniper heavy BBL M16 Sniper Carbines :eek: with a 105gr
BTHP. We in the BUTTs had to wait for the RSO to call our target #s in order to let us know that our target got hit.

The little 105s came in at 600 so high they missed the back stop & hit the long grass behind the targets.
The 30 cal.173s & 168s came in roaring & exploded into the back stop letting you know the target had been hit.

I have 2 ARs a Colt H-Bar & a Colt Sporter both fast fun, yet I just do not see them for serious work
like staying back & staying alive. For that I trained with an iron sighted M1A NM. for over 30 years.

Put a scope on that same M1A NM & you have a M21 rifle, that can be effective out to 800 yards & beyond.

I have fired the AR using the 7.62x51mm it was just not the same results I got with the M14 platform.
One last thought. Prone is the position to shoot best from, & a 20 rd M14 mag is clear & easy to shoot
with, yet that dang 30rd M16 mag gets in the way sometimes.

Check it out : https://olive-drab.com/

Last edited:

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
I stopped that video at 15 seconds, AR stands for assault rifle, WHAT!, I think the ArmaLite company might have something to say about that.
So many mental midgets around and so little time.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Guess the OP should have placed a caution ahead of the video..
" this video is humor, and uses common uneducated opinions and media-spread lies, about the AR rifle format",
or some statement to that effect. Though presented in a serious manner, it is humorous to anyone that has a clue about the format & history of the rifle.
I thought it was quite funny..