Hipower double action problem

Rolando

Active Fanatic
Set up one of my Rangemaster Rowdy steel plates today (great stuff!) and was shooting with a buddy of mine.
He had a Hungarian FEG HiPower and let me shoot it. I tried to take the first shot in double action and it didn't fire. He said, "you have to cock it". I did and it worked fine in single action.

After I emptied the mag I pulled the trigger in DA a couple times and noticed that the hammer wasn't dropping all the way. I thought maybe the decocker was stuck between selections but it wasn't.

Any idea what is going on? Is this a known problem with Hipowers or FEG versions?

Thanks guys.

Rolando

I know feg made da hipo clones, but maybe they made single action ones as well? You sure its a DA? Not too up on the platform.

Rolando

Active Fanatic
Yes, it was a double action. When I pulled the trigger the hammer would cock and fall. Just didn't fall all the way.

Rodshoot

Well-Known Fanatic
something about a double action Hi Power just seems wrong.
It is wrong. True Browning patent High Powers are all single action.
However, FEG made some 'Mules" that looked like a Hi Po, but had S&W style internals.
They thoughtfully put the same model numbers on both types. :banghead:
I doubt that the gun was broken, and the "malfunction" could probably been solved by reading the operating instructions for that model (if the book still exists with the gun).
If I recall, the decocker had to be pushed back to activate double action after decocking, otherwise was on safe and would not fire. I have a discontinued Browning BDM (Dual Mode) with a
somewhat similar screwball decoker system.
table.gif

Latest posts