High end loads for .223/5.56

Chris54326

Well-Known Fanatic
I overheard someone say that 3-gun shooters like for their .223 rounds to be "smokin' hot" for competitions. Didn't have time to question the guys because they were in line at the store and gone before I could ask them. So is that really true, and why would that be?

Chris54326

Well-Known Fanatic
Hmmm. Could be. I wouldn't know, which is why I came here to ask you guys who shoot 3-gun competitions.

Chris54326

Well-Known Fanatic
My wife always accuses me of being too serious and not catching people's humor. I stand convicted.

dennishoddy

Ammo can be reloaded hot or accurate.
Hot is not always accurate.
Barrels are like women. Some like to be spanked, and some like to be caressed.
Your barrel will tell you which it prefers.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Due to the availability and price of 223 ammo, most 3gun shooters buy it rather than load it. I have all equipment & components needed to make 223 ammo, but can't justify it against the price I can buy it for. I'll continue to buy components & use them when the next scare comes around & 223 ammo prices spike up through the roof.

DanB

Active Fanatic
Chris54326 said:
I overheard someone say that 3-gun shooters like for their .223 rounds to be "smokin' hot" for competitions. Didn't have time to question the guys because they were in line at the store and gone before I could ask them. So is that really true, and why would that be?
My loads are around factory through the Chrono. Most I know buy or load about the same. " Hot" loads really don't make sense. Accuracy at ling range plus fast follow up shots for hozer targets.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Latest posts