Help needed.......

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Hi all,
I have this ammo stored with all the rest, and I THINK it's French 30.06 M1 ammo. But, I'm not sure. It's been a LONT time since I opened this can, so I'm not sure if I ever posted this before. Can anyone verify?? Thanks in advance.unknown cart..jpg

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
You can search them, however it's the M1 Carbine ammo that's easy to find.
You are right they are french & corrosive.

I don't know what they are worth. Hold them tight, I have some boxes of both 7.62x51 & 7.62x63 Match. I bought for $5.00 & now they sell for $50.00. :eek:

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
So, you think they are the 30.06 M1 ? I went through all of mine today, most in enblocs. 1,564 rounds of the Mil-Spec 30.06 M2 ball. I'd love to find a place to sell for that kind of $$ I don't have anything that shoots this stuff, sold my M1 awhile back, it hadn't been out of the safe in years.M1 garand ammo.jpg

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Last edited:

dennishoddy

So, you think they are the 30.06 M1 ? I went through all of mine today, most in enblocs. 1,564 rounds of the Mil-Spec 30.06 M2 ball. I'd love to find a place to sell for that kind of $$ I don't have anything that shoots this stuff, sold my M1 awhile back, it hadn't been out of the safe in years.View attachment 33546
Enbloc's being the key to the caliber.

dennishoddy

20 rounds yep, not the m1 carbine ammo.

If you can't sell it locally you will need to hunt for buyers of collectable Guns & ammo.

If you have any oled fishing lures they may be worth something.
The fishing lure link is interesting. I have tons of my grandpa's lures. Some well over 50 years old.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
To be specific, the ammo in the box's, from France,1949 is the stuff in question. These rounds are on stripper clips, and APPEAR to be 30.06. I can't find the exact packaging anywhere on the interweb, but I figure someone has seen these before. I have an auction house interested in the whole load. Apparently, M1's and their supplies are back in the limelight, big time. Thanks for all of the replies!

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Been awhile. UPDATE: I did end up selling all of it to one buyer, locally. I think it was better than selling it at auction, with the premiums, and fees involved.
The lower fee's that are associated with the no-reserve listings looked good, but then, who knows how the crowd will go. I did good money wise. French stuff included, and it was M1 ammo.

Latest posts