Help me understand this

I bought 3 set of Geissele trigger, SSA-E, SD3G and S3G. They're all came with 2 trigger springs per trigger set, a GOLD color trigger spring and a Black or ReD trigger spring. I was wondering why it came with that and what is the purpose of it?

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
The gold spring is heavier. I believe for the SD-3G the black spring gives 3.5lb pull and the gold spring 4.5lb pull. I'm not sure about the red spring.

Yep you're correct. I received an email from geissele and that what they told me. Gold spring is 1lb heavier

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Both of my sd3g triggers have measured at 2.25 lbs. I am impressed by the minimal overtravel and there is minimal distance to reset.

22+1

Well-Known Fanatic
I have had my SD3G trigger allow the hammer to follow the bolt as It closed if I didnt press the trigger all the way back. If I float the trigger or have a loose mount to my shoulder I'll get a double or a hammer down failure. Am I the only one?

Spiff

Semi-Pro
The Geissele weirdo triggers are well known for doubling and tripling like crazy. The solution is to take the revolver trigger out of your otherwise finely-tuned lead slinger and put a halfway decent one in.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
Didn't you just buy one? How many rounds through it?

I'm not talking about the 2 stage triggers, those are (mostly) fine (except the one in my .308 AR), the abortion crossbreed ones are what I'm referring to.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got about 2k on my 3G enhanced and I haven't had any issues, but I have heard of doubles and triples with them from others. I really like the trigger, but I am aware of issues as the round count gets up there. From what I have heard and read if it's not shouldered tightly you can get almost a bump fire with them as the trigger gets worn.

Latest posts