Hello From The Free State of Idaho

FredAlbumin

New Fanatic
FredAlbumin Here:

Good Morning 1911 Fans. I write to you from Idaho Falls, ID.

I am not sure exactly how I located your discussion forum on 1911s. No matter. What caught my eye was the discussion on Red Dot Sights for carry weapons. I thought that I would throw in my 2 cents worth - at least about red dots on firearms, anyway.

While I do not have a RDS on my carry weapon - an HK P30SK - my wife and I have Red Dots mounted on several guns that we shoot for just the heck of it. Please see the attached photos. Some of the photos are of my wife shooting the Glock Sports Shooting Foundation match in Boise Idaho. We have reflex sights mounted on Glocks: a 19 and a 34; a CZ Shadow 2; an FN 5.7 and most recently a Rock Island 10mm 1911. By the way, the Red Dots on the FN 5.7 and the Rock Island were mounted by the folks at AmeriGunUSA. I have NO connection to them other than I am one of their satisfied customers. I can recommend AmeriGunUSA for mounting reflex sights on your firearms.

Being 72, my eyes are not as sharp as they were when I was in my 20's. Those of you now in your 20's will discover this eventually. My eye doc tells me that I am about ready for cataract surgery.

Long story short: Without the use of reflex or Red Dot Sights, there is no way that I would still be shooting. My eyes just aren't good enough. I have been shooting since 1968 when my wife and I independently moved to Alaska to attend the University of Alaska at Fairbanks. I was then a city kid (22yo) who had never hunted or shot before. I started out with a Winchester Model 70, 30-06 and a Ruger Super Black Hawk 44 Mag. They did me well.

1911 Fans: Being nearby to Idaho Falls, my wife and I have visited the John Moses Browning museum in Ogden Utah several times. It's worth a trip. This summer we visited the Buffalo Bill Center of the West. They were still remodeling the firearms display.

That's all for now guys. I hope to add more in the future.

Attachments

• IMG_1083 2.JPG
    IMG_1083 2.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG