Hello from sunny Cape Town South Africa

potentpoefie

Fanatic
Hi guys

I've been shooting since 2005. Started off busting pins. Then in 2009 joined up with IDPA. Till the introduction of the new CCP division I was a 5 gun Sharpshooter. Still need to run a classifier in this division. Joined up with IPSC last year and I've been shooting 3 Gun Nation since late 2012 and hold the ranking of High Marksman.

I'm a handgun guy and I just LOVE shotguns. Although how can you pick a favourite firearm? Don't we all just want everyone of them....except the Hi-Point of course. ;-)

I'm pretty much a fan of the action shooting sports. I guess I don't have the discipline for slow aimed fire shots for grouping.

I've heard nothing but good things of this forum from fellow club members and decided to come join and get the benefit of all the shooters in this forum. You guys in the USA are the leaders when it comes to these kinds of games and equipment.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Welcome to the party! Sounds like your pretty active in the gun games. How strict are the firearms laws in SA?

potentpoefie

Fanatic
Thanks everyone.

Jesse, I think my friend, pdh, pretty much covered most of it.

We have some liberties you guys don't have but we don't have a guaranteed right to own a firearm. I have all the right credentials at this stage so basically my applications go down without a hitch. However it is a timely process. It was suppose to be 90 days max but in the beginning it took up to 3 years. Lately an application takes about 30 - 60 days max. With self loading rifles/shotguns taking 2 months or more. Since they are restricted firearms and you have to jump through a couple of more loops to get them.

But because our government has a "use it or lose it" attitude towards our firearms it forced me to get off the couch and get shooting. Best thing they ever did to me. Now I can't get enough. Just wish I would practice more and not use competitions as practice sessions.

Also I must say the one thing that is sorely lacking in SA with regards to the shooting market is firearm accessories and parts. I drool over the website more often than not. Like new Dawson Precision sights for my M&P CORE.

Latest posts