Hello from Northern California

Zippo Guy

Fanatic
I saw this forum and thought it looks very interesting. I got a welcome from Blackbeard, thanks. I'm a retired school administrator and have had my CCW since 1976. I'm a pistol guy and only recently gone back to .22 rifles and revolvers that I use with my grandchildren as they love shooting with me.

Those of us that live in California seem to take a continual beating from members from other states on other forums. I'm trusting this won't be the case here. I'm hoping for good, honest information about guns and gun issues rather than the fact that you left California, you won't visit California, you hate California. Now I'm ready to move forward, enough said on my pet peeve.

I look forward to reading and discussing 1911s. I have a few and would rather shoot them than anything else. I have already read some threads here and am very happy with what I've seen so far. What are you shooting and why?

Rick

WWB

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from CT. We arent in a whole lot better position then you guys unfortunately

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
The resistance lives! Welcome from another behind enemy lines in northern komifornia.

Zippo Guy

Fanatic
We live right above the Oroville Dam that had major problems just a short time ago. Didn't get evacuated when the town was cleared out, but a couple of months later was evacuated at 1:30 in the morning by the Wells Fire. Oroville is also the home of RCBS reloading supplies and presses. I use a Dillon. Where do you call home?

m144me

Fanatic
I know the area. I live in Bakersfield. I worked in Long Beach just before I retired.

Zippo Guy

Fanatic
Other than weather still in the 90s, life is good in Oroville. We have a houseboat on Lake Oroville. This is the time of the year we love on the lake. Labor Day means most are done with the lake so the crowds are gone, the weather cools down and the trees are changing color. Life is good! Thanks, Rick

Barb

Well-Known Fanatic
Rick, Do you live on the houseboat year round or do you live in a NORMAL house sometimes???

Zippo Guy

Fanatic
We live in a normal house. The marina is about 1/2 a mile away. Huge lake so we get out a couple of nights a week when it isn't over 90 degrees, rainy hard or really windy. Very peaceful.

Latest posts