Hello from NC

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome from Montana. Looking forward to your posts, ideas and firearms.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I'm near Asheville in the west.
I have seen a lot of folks from NC for sure.
Do you have a range to shoot?
I have some private land outside city limits where I have built an outdoor range for myself and friends and family. We're not doing much shooting right now since it's so hard to find ammo. I'm holding on to what I have right now.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I should have known that with a name like Blackbeard, you were from NC! Thanks for the warm welcome!
I spent a few years down in ENC, more around Greenville, hence the name. Always enjoyed going to Bath. Got to see a lot over there. Did you say where abouts you are?

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I'm in Greenville. Born here and been here all my life.
It sure has changed since I left it in 2015. Still miss the cheese biscuits from down there at Abrams, and bbq from Starlight. I also enjoyed the ranges at Paradise.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
It sure has changed since I left it in 2015. Still miss the cheese biscuits from down there at Abrams, and bbq from Starlight. I also enjoyed the ranges at Paradise.
Sam Jones BBQ opened a restaurant in Raleigh. He is the grandson of Pete Jones, who started the Skylight Inn BBQ restaurant in Ayden. Have you been there? The recipe is the same. Greenville is growing ridiculously fast. It has changed a lot in 5 years. I miss it when it was smaller. It has become more like the Raleigh area as far as traffic and noise.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Sam Jones BBQ opened a restaurant in Raleigh. He is the grandson of Pete Jones, who started the Skylight Inn BBQ restaurant in Ayden. Have you been there? The recipe is the same. Greenville is growing ridiculously fast. It has changed a lot in 5 years. I miss it when it was smaller. It has become more like the Raleigh area as far as traffic and noise.
I've been waiting for it to open. I used to love living so cheap off 1st and walk the town. I miss those 5 mile walks all around. Hopefully it hasn't gotten too dangerous.

The Greenville gun show is where I bought my first handgun a Springfield XD. Guns Unlimited is where I bought my first 1911 and discovered starlight. It was a great day of first for me!

Again thanks for the reminders of the that stuff. Feels like a lifetime ago.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I've been waiting for it to open. I used to love living so cheap off 1st and walk the town. I miss those 5 mile walks all around. Hopefully it hasn't gotten too dangerous.

The Greenville gun show is where I bought my first handgun a Springfield XD. Guns Unlimited is where I bought my first 1911 and discovered starlight. It was a great day of first for me!

Again thanks for the reminders of the that stuff. Feels like a lifetime ago.
It appears that Guns Unlimited is going to close. Jerry, the owner, owns his inventory and it's worth over 250k. He is going to retire and can't sell the business because the banks are refusing to loan the people who are interested money for a gun dealership. I didn't think I would live long enough to see the things I'm seeing.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I thought it was open by now. I guess Covid19 delayed it.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
It appears that Guns Unlimited is going to close. Jerry, the owner, owns his inventory and it's worth over 250k. He is going to retire and can't sell the business because the banks are refusing to loan the people who are interested money for a gun dealership. I didn't think I would live long enough to see the things I'm seeing.
I liked Jerry, always dealt with him on my purchases. I would think he wouldn't be able to keep things in stock.