Heartland Outdoor Matches Resume 9/22/13

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Jesse Tischauser said:
Do we really need another place to shoot classifieds? Those are boring as heck.
Depending on the cost of affiliating with USPSA and IDPA it would be great to have 1-2 special classifier matches per year there though. If its cost effective. We could all get out GM card!
This match was always heavy on new shooters compared to other pistol matches. New USPSA shooters are interested in classifiers more so than stages so they can see their rank. This match could be a funnel for new shooters, and having classifiers attracts shooters.

mikey80

Negative Approach
Why doesn't everyone just shoot it out?

Everyone get into their prospective groups and combine scores to determine overall winner?

I think when the buzzer goes off, all this is gonna go out the window and we're all gonna have fun just like we used to.

I'm so glad this match is coming back!

mikey80

Negative Approach
Lots of fun! Glad it's back!

Thanks for the bomb cookies, Kelly!!

Clucky C

9mm
I wasn't able to stay & shoot, but I stopped by the match for about 30 minutes. It was great to see friends again! The stages looked really good, & very well organized. Thanks to MD Steve & everyone who helped put the match on. I plan to shoot it next month!

Larry Mullican

Well-Known Fanatic
The Sunday Match was great! Randy did a bang up job with the stage set ups. Only 24 shooters, so we were out at 8:15 or so. That must be a record. Unless our previous reliable source for floor poppers comes through we will only have two for the next match. Randy is very open to stage ideas. The faux brick barrier, lateral moving target, and the oscillating target will be making a comeback. The previous oscillation was too slow for all the guys who shoot faster than me, which is just about everyone. So things will rock a little faster. I liked the ones they had at the Area 4 Championship. Oh, there were a bunch of you shooters that forgot to circle which division you were shooting, so if you forgot.... Benjamin has the score sheets, so they should be posted soon. The next match will be on the third Sunday of next month. What!? No ammo chronograph? 'Gotta get into reloading.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Details......... I shot the stages my way (wrong way) :D and the score will reflect it.

Shot IPSC Targets, some with no shoots overlayed, scoring was time plus with C zone or better, most required 2 rounds - some 3 rounds. Shot some arrays strong hand, some weak hand. Seated starts, Standing starts. Round count around 60, no virginia count.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I heard the matches would resume, but for whatever reason, this thread doesn't appear on my iphone. I t was sent a link to it today.

I am glad that HO changed their mind and saw the need to continue hosting matches. I am all about getting new people shooting and keeping the experienced folks sharp.

I know that Randy couldn't have pulled off such a great first match without help from you folks, but that's what you do! (as I bragged on you many times for helping me.) Kudos to all that lent a hand to get this thing going.

Keep it up!

Latest posts