Heartland Outdoor Matches Resume 9/22/13

ChrisC

Revolver Division
well obviously I've never been there. I would find it hard to travel the 2 hours each way for a non sanctioned match. but if it's too small then so be it. they could be the first IDPA range in the OKC area. probably bring in a lot of shooters if they could.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Scott Hearn said:
It would still be tough. You are still limited to only a few classifiers that you can use in that distance AND without side berms, no steel, etc.
Nearly every classifier I've ever shot could be done at Heartland.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
They need to take a lesson from the Ponca match and find a way to shoot a speed shoot or a standard type exercise within the longer stage to eliminate taking the whole thing down and setting a new stage up between squads.

I'd also make a suggestion that the match abandon the use of the picture realistic targets. Scoring them presented a lot of problems that have been addressed with IDPA/USPSA cardboard.

mikey80

Negative Approach
As long as there's balloons, cookies, and Larry's brick wall...I'll be good!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Mitch Gibson said:
Nearly every classifier I've ever shot could be done at Heartland.
Do we really need another place to shoot classifieds? Those are boring as heck.

Depending on the cost of affiliating with USPSA and IDPA it would be great to have 1-2 special classifier matches per year there though. If its cost effective. We could all get out GM card!

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
OUshooter said:
I'm really hoping for a soon to be newly minted USPSA IDPA Club. Details are anxiously being awaited.
I agree

technetium-99m said:
They need to take a lesson from the Ponca match and find a way to shoot a speed shoot or a standard type exercise within the longer stage to eliminate taking the whole thing down and setting a new stage up between squads.

I'd also make a suggestion that the match abandon the use of the picture realistic targets. Scoring them presented a lot of problems that have been addressed with IDPA/USPSA cardboard.
Tony and I were just talking about this idea. We did it once at this match and it worked well

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
IDPA would be a neat option. I actually thought this was a concealed carry match the first time I came and was really confused why I was the only one using a cover garment...

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
I liked that you had the option of shooting your carry gun concealed, shooting your production rig, or limted rig, or whatever you wanted to get trigger time behind.

OUshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
personally i never shot a match at heartland because i didn't know what i was walking into. being either uspsa or idpa match would fix that for shooters. that's just my opinion and if that isn't the direction of this match then no harm no foul. i still wish good luck to our local businesses, and any good pro 2A activities.

Jer Fry

Well-Known Fanatic
I really regret that I will not be there tomorrow or likely ever. While you are all shooting at HO, I will be loading my u-haul for Salt Lake City. Happy shooting and good-bye!

B

Beau

Awww that's too bad Jerry. It was nice shooting with you, and listening to you joke. good luck in salt lake.

B

Beau

OUshooter said:
personally i never shot a match at heartland because i didn't know what i was walking into. being either uspsa or idpa match would fix that for shooters. that's just my opinion and if that isn't the direction of this match then no harm no foul. i still wish good luck to our local businesses, and any good pro 2A activities.
you live in edmond and never came to a heartland match wth? i feel that since it wasnt a uspsa or idpa it is more inviting to new shooters. a good way for new competitors to get warmed up to shooting uspsa or idpa. if not for this match i may have never joined uspsa and started shooting those events.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
O.J. (the Other Jerry) said:
I really regret that I will not be there tomorrow or likely ever. While you are all shooting at HO, I will be loading my u-haul for Salt Lake City. Happy shooting and good-bye!
Jerry, Good Luck on your move. Been great shooting with you. Don't be a stranger, BS is Global! Keep us updated.

mikey80

Negative Approach
O.J. (the Other Jerry) said:
Take care up there, Jerry!! Next time the Shiner's on you, buddy!!!