Hearing protection

Donovan

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm starting over after my house fire and was curious does anybody have a good alternative to electric muffs I can't hear with just plugs as anyone tried the molded plugs they are pricey just curious if anyone has tried them ?

Signal22

Active Fanatic
I haven't used any of the molded plugs, but I have used the Sonic Ep series and they have worked really well for me.

snapcap

Active Fanatic
+1 on Surefire Sonic hearing protection. I really like them and don't have to keep up with batteries.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
X3 for surefire EP3 I can't wear the muffs they give me a headache after a few hours. The EP3 are only like 13 bucks worth a try!

Jack T.

Active Fanatic
Guess I'll have to look at the EP3s. I wear earplugs if I'm doing anything louder than hammering a nail. . .and depending how many nails I'm hammering, I'll wear 'em for that too! I've tried the electronic muffs, and they just didn't dull things enough for me. Been wearing 29db earplugs for awhile now, and I'll double up with big muffs if I'm shooting something very heavy.

Jeffrey Hite

Well-Known Fanatic
I got a set of electronic ear plugs from Hear pro. I really like them. They have 3 setting to let you hear more or less, depends on what you like. Yes they are a little pricy but I think they are worth it, no more hot head sets.

Latest posts