HD Shotgun Lights

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
What mount is that burk. I need something like that on my shotty. I may go to the gunshow to see if I can pick something up on the cheap

This one. Universal Flashlight Mount

p_867000008_1.jpg

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I am thoroughly confused!!! I understand everyone has a preference and an opinion. That is the great thing about messages boards. However, I see people arguing with Troy and myself in various posts. This in and of itself is not a bad thing. However, if you do a little research on Troy and Myself you will find that we have extensive experience and training to back up our methods. We have both preformed dozens of Dynamic entries with real bad guys on the other side, hundreds of slow searches with real bad guys hiding in rooms, closets, and even a dog house or two. We have thousands of hours of training and education. We are both are experts in close quarter combat with decades of training in various martial arts. And we have both pulled the trigger in real life. There are several right ways to do anything. But, please keep this in mind. "A man with a theory will always be at the mercy to a man with experience."

Keep your own advice in mind when discussing medical and nutritional topics...

Really, I don't want to sound like a dick, I'm jus' sayin'.

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
Keep your own advice in mind when discussing medical and nutritional topics...

Really, I don't want to sound like a dick, I'm jus' sayin'.

You are an Orthopaedic doctor? If I came to your office and you said I had a torn ACL, I would be ignorant to argue with you. With that in mind it seems you are following me around the board for the purpose of arguing. So, insert whatever name fits.

In reference to medical: I have yet to give one piece of advice!!! I am not a medical doctor. When it comes to nutrition, I have posted links to research studies. This is so the reader can make their own decision. With all this in mind I have studied fitness and nutrition for over 20 years. I am a certified personal trainer, certified speed, agility and quickness coach and a certified sports nutrition coach.

You have yet to give any advice or your credentials to validate your opinions. You seem to get joy from bashing others.

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
You are an Orthopaedic doctor? If I came to your office and you said I had a torn ACL, I would be ignorant to argue with you. With that in mind it seems you are following me around the board for the purpose of arguing. So, insert whatever name fits.

In reference to medical: I have yet to give one piece of advice!!! I am not a medical doctor. When it comes to nutrition, I have posted links to research studies. This is so the reader can make their own decision. With all this in mind I have studied fitness and nutrition for over 20 years. I am a certified personal trainer, certified speed, agility and quickness coach and a certified sports nutrition coach.

You have yet to give any advice or your credentials to validate your opinions. You seem to get joy from bashing others.

Following you around? No. I follow these boards, in their entirety, and have noticed a pattern of egocentricity among certain members. Automatically assuming that I am following you around may qualify. But back to the issue. In this paragraph (and through that thread):
"There was a belief that soy products lowered testosterone and raised estrogen in Men. This was based on several research studies. Now there are studies that dispute that. When looking for articles and studies on the internet about the subject, you will find mostly articles from companies selling soy. Is soy bad for men? I don't know. What I do know is Whey is good. The benefits of taking soy such as increased antioxidants are not substantial for me to start taking soy."
you give a fairly strong endorsement for whey protein and based on your post, the average reader would come away skeptical or leery of taking soy, despite the plethora of non-industry funded research proving the benefits of soy. That is certainly nutritional advice and could be considered medical advice based on the individuals underlying health and risk factors.

I try to avoid giving "advice" on forums because people will often take things the wrong way or to an extreme. I give opinions occasionally and will freely offer results of my experiences. I'm sorry you got so offended when I asked you to follow your own advice. I guess what's good for the goose isn't what's good for the gander? As to credentials, I hate to engage in the logical fallacy of appealing to authority, as arguments should stand on their own two feet, and I certainly don't want to be a part of the extremely condescending attitude that is rife among certain members, but I am a medical doctor and orthopaedists don't only know about ACL's. I'll just leave it at that.

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
Following you around? No. I follow these boards, in their entirety, and have noticed a pattern of egocentricity among certain members. Automatically assuming that I am following you around may qualify. But back to the issue. In this paragraph (and through that thread):

you give a fairly strong endorsement for whey protein and the average reader would come away skeptical or leery of taking soy, despite the plethora of non-industry funded research proving the benefits of soy. That is certainly nutritional advice and could be considered medical advice based on the individuals underlying health and risk factors.

I try to avoid giving advice on forums because people will often take things the wrong way or to an extreme. I give opinions occasionally and will freely offer results of my experiences. I'm sorry you got so offended when I asked you to follow your own advice. I guess what's good for the goose isn't what's good for the gander? As to credentials, I hate to engage in the logical fallacy of appealing to authority, as arguments should stand on their own two feet, but I am a medical doctor and orthopaedists don't only know about ACL's. I'll just leave it at that.

I am not going to argue with you in someone else's thread.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't put lights on my firearms. Consider if you heard a bump in the night. You grab your gun and head out to investigate. A dark shadow moves ahead of you. You point your gun in the direction of the sound. And you find your lighted gun with it's deadly muzzle pointed at your child. Never point a gun at anything you aren't willing to kill. Lights on the end of a gun violate the 1st rule of gun safety...

You can ID off the spill without pointing the muzzle directly at someone if necessary. I run a 600a on my 18.5" 590A1. When working with flashlights, two is one and one is none. :)

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Wow, this thread got pretty heated.... well i guess as long as we are talking about who is an expert on what, i would like to claim to be an expert on being married but not getting laid... no one should argue with me on this subject!!

TroyF

TheBearcat
Wow, this thread got pretty heated.... well i guess as long as we are talking about who is an expert on what, i would like to claim to be an expert on being married but not getting laid... no one should argue with me on this subject!!

Most EPIC thread drift of all-time! Congratulations. LOL :p

(That other stuff has been resolved, non-issue now).

Latest posts