HAVE YOU EVER HAD THAT FEELING?

trouble63

Well-Known Fanatic
Yestarday afternoon i wnet to meet a guy to sale him a couple pistols that i have to fund another project. everything was going good through the the emails,
i had to drive about an hour, so i called him to tell him i was about to the meeting place. thats when it hit me, something did not sound right in his voice to me.
i got to the meeting spot and i met this young(punk)kid thats what i felt about him.
looked like a hoodlum to me, we talked a bit and i showed him the pistols, still had that feeling something just wasn't right.
so i told him that i didn't feel comfortable about this deal, he threw a fit, had to tell him to get out of my truck. he didn't have any kind of id.
he had the cash but i just couldn't do the deal.
on the way home i felt better about not making this deal, so i figure it was the right conclusion.

Jim

Parhams0508

Well-Known Fanatic
I've seen on a couple of ads on upstateguntrader.com and armslist.com where the seller requires SC CWP for all their transactions. After reading this, I can understand why.

bigfutz

Well-Known Fanatic
No ID, no sale. I require a photocopy (or phone snapshot) if it's a stranger, simply because I would never want to have to tell the cops the gun found at a crime scene was one I sold to "some guy." Plus, it's illegal to sell to an out-of-stater.

You're lucky or blessed the situation didn't get ugly.

Parhams0508

Well-Known Fanatic
bigfutz said:
No ID, no sale. I require a photocopy (or phone snapshot) if it's a stranger, simply because I would never want to have to tell the cops the gun found at a crime scene was one I sold to "some guy." Plus, it's illegal to sell to an out-of-stater.

You're lucky or blessed the situation didn't get ugly.

Plausible deniability. I like it.

trouble63

Well-Known Fanatic
both lucky and blessed, i think from now on i will require a cwp. except for someone i know, and i will also show my cwp and an id when i buy a weapon from someone.

Jim

jjwestbrook

Well-Known Fanatic
i can't believe you allowed him in your truck , that doesnt sound too safe

glad it turned out ok though , better safe than sorry

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Dang Jim...Didn't know I upset you that much....LOL...Just kidding.

It is kind of hard sometimes to read people...I have met some that I required to show ID's...Guess I have been pretty lucky with most of my deals....

Of course I did trade a little .22 cal. pistol to a guy. I kind of felt funny with the deal...I had him to show me some ID. His DR. LC. was good, so, I did the deal...About 6 months later the Police called wanting to talk to me about the gun. I told them I had traded it off. He ask me "to Whom"...I told him that I didn't know. He ask if I knew if he was old enough to own a handgun.

I told him that I looked at his DR/ Lic. and saw he was old enough...Hey, it was only a Walther P-22...Then he said that the gun had been recovered off a drug dealer...He said that the drug dealers loved little .22's or High Points because they were cheap...

Steve

trouble63

Well-Known Fanatic
well Steve with you i'm going to ask for a cwp, dl, birth certifacate and a major credit card, when we deal again..lol...
yea was kinds nervous today, think i handeled it pretty well though

Jim