Have you ever gotten to THAT point.....?

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, I may have created my own issues there. Some can't handle brutal honesty, some are hopeless drunks, and some are simply argumentative trolls. Either way you look at it, my fanning the flames was no good for anyone. Would assume or expect the same to happen here.....only a matter of time.

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
I cant stand a man that isn't honest. Sometimes folks need to be called on their ****. Myself included. I would rather have an honest friend tell me than some asshat who was offended and posturing for whatever reason. I may not like to hear it at the moment, but I'm hearing it because they give a ****, so it carries weight. Don't change man......Not that you would.

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
I try to be the best person I can be, at times I fail pretty badly but I still have that goal. When I find myself around people that would lead me astray I often find it best to go another path. I have allowed people into my life that in the end were an extreme disappointment. That situation has since been corrected. I'm happy to call this forum home. Good people here.

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
As I stated in another thread, I believe a person's/organization's motivations are all about themselves. When their actions or discussions disgust me, or I have been lied to (by commission or omission) and/or stolen from, I drop them like a thug's Hi-Point over a river. I then, will have absolutely nothing to do with that person, or place ever again.
I've done it with Church's, 'friends', people I did business with, and family. I have no regrets.

Your word and a handshake. I'll loan you money on that. If I have it to loan. F*ck that up, and you're dead to me. I won't acknowledge your existence. I won't see you, I won't hear you, I'll walk right through you, if you're in my way.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
As I stated in another thread, I believe a person's/organization's motivations are all about themselves. When their actions or discussions disgust me, or I have been lied to (by commission or omission) and/or stolen from, I drop them like a thug's Hi-Point over a river. I then, will have absolutely nothing to do with that person, or place ever again.
I've done it with Church's, 'friends', people I did business with, and family. I have no regrets.

Your word and a handshake. I'll loan you money on that. If I have it to loan. F*ck that up, and you're dead to me. I won't acknowledge your existence. I won't see you, I won't hear you, I'll walk right through you, if you're in my way.
I have a saying; if you f@ck me it better be the best of your life, because you will not get a second shot at it.

Razer

Active Fanatic
About 5 years ago I got so fed up with commercials on TV that I gave it up. If it isn't recorded with the ability to fast forward through them I won't watch.

45caldude

Active Fanatic
TV Cable, Fiber, and most Over the Top video - First off, I work in the industry and my video service was paid for by work. I quit a couple years ago because of trying to reduce stress. The political machine hitting every aspect of things I watched, for example the NFL. So quitting wasn't a problem, but my work thought I was crazy when I returned my set top box. Stress has gone way down.

I have some other personal items I won't go into detail, but alcohol and nicotine I quit years ago.

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm the same way with TV; I doubt I watch one-tenth the amount of TV I did just a few short years ago. And that's due to the amount of advertising time they spend broadcasting in any given hour. (I say 'broadcasting' because I cut the cable yearS ago).

My favorite is the local News. They'll spend MORE actual broadcast time "teasing" some story "coming up after the break" than the actual amount of time they spend telling the story! It's at that point, I usually just turn the TV off.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I haven't turned on a television in over two years. Started with too many ads. Couldn't remember what show I was watching when I got to the fifth or sixth ad. Then the politics of who is producing this crap on TV. They hate all of us. Why should I support them with my viewership?

Last edited:

Latest posts