Have to brag

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
No real discussion here, just going to brag about an awesome day.

About 4:30 in the morning one of my BIL's came by the house to see if I still wanted to go hog hunting. So me, him, his girlfriend, and the FIL went out. We didn't see anything but did get a good idea of where to start next time. After a good lunch and a little nap the 2 BIL's, my self, my wife, the BIL's girlfriend and the other BIL's 15 year old daughter all headed to heartland outdoors for some air conditioned range time. The wife finally got to shoot her new AR, I got to shoot a match grade 1911, we broke the BIL's girlfreinds fear of guns and I got to see a 15 year old girl that last year was scared to hold a .22 cut a 1.5" hole in the target with a magazine from the AR.

The wife now thinks she needs a 1911, I think I need a new 1-4 scope for my AR, one BIL thinks he needs an M&P 45, the BIL's girlfireind and the other BIL's daugther think they need some 10/22s and the last BIL wants to learn to do a trigger job on his .40
cal Llama 1911.

Overall it was a great day, we shot a crap ton of ammo, got to try some other guns, watch some new shooters fall in love with shooting and most of all have some good family fun.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Tell us more about the match-grade 1911.

It's a Llama that's had a gentle rub of magic from Alex Hamilton, a dash of spice from Bill Wilson, and a large glob of tobacco spit from Accurate Ron just for a little scented lube.
It'll shoot 1/2 minute of barn at 10' without even trying. It's also a conversion gun that can go from .22 lr all the way to 500s&w with a simple swap of the barrel and clip.
It's a pistol that most dreamers can't even begin to fathom.

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
Tell us more about the match-grade 1911.

I don't know a whole lot about it. It is the BIL's. What I do know about it is that it started life as a Colt, was sent to Wilson combat for some polishing, tuning, and got a big azz compensater put on the end of it. The trigger had no take up, and broke very light. I didn't know how light the trigger was the first shot and ended up scaring myself a little when it fired while I was trying to take up the no existent slack. The compensater also did a great job as that thing had less muzzle flip than my 9s

steak

Well-Known Fanatic
It's a Llama that's had a gentle rub of magic from Alex Hamilton, a dash of spice from Bill Wilson, and a large glob of tobacco spit from Accurate Ron just for a little scented lube.
It'll shoot 1/2 minute of barn at 10' without even trying. It's also a conversion gun that can go from .22 lr all the way to 500s&w with a simple swap of the barrel and clip.
It's a pistol that most dreamers can't even begin to fathom.

after shooting that Llama I don't think any of those people would even look at one of those. at 5 yards it did shoot a good 9-10 inch grouping, trigger broke just shy of the max capability of a John Deere 9400 pulling capacity and weighed just about the same as the john deere.

Latest posts