Hats......let’s see those favorite ones!

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah I'm not a hat guy either but, was hoping to see some of the favorites. An old baseball style cap would be all I could think of, watch cap on cold winter days. Not a western hat sorta guy, but I do appreciate a high quality Stetson or Bailey , or other quality piece. I"ve thought about getting a Fedora style but think I'd feel uncomfortable. I think those look sharp when rocked just right

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
In my car I have one of those visors that say salt life...maybe that's where the hat addiction starts

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Does a Masonic Lodge hat count? This was from back in 2015 when I was Master of the lodge.

Basically put - you are in charge of the lodge. You are the "Boss", the CEO, the "Grand Poobah" on the Flintstones in the Water Buffalo Lodge... LOL... It took a lot of hard work, memorization skills, dialogue, (i.e. sort of like a Broadway play actor, reciting his lines on stage). But as you see here, the Master of the lodge always wears a black hat.

2015.Master.jpg

hendershot

Well-Known Fanatic
I know you said nevermind...but I rarely wear a hat. It was always told to me if you wear a hat you go bald as it cuts off circulation. LOL
That must be true. I've worn a hat more hours than not and was bald by 21. lol
I don't have any pics but will snap a few soon

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
That must be true. I've worn a hat more hours than not and was bald by 21. lol
I don't have any pics but will snap a few soon
I think it's an old wives tale, or some crap my mom would tell me. Funny the things we get told as. kids that shape us for life.

hendershot

Well-Known Fanatic
Guess I've never done the math until today, but this hat has over 36,000 hours on my head. hahaha

E15B3454-304F-4892-87AC-DED3C7C191F2.jpeg

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
My favorites
Picked up the white one in Vegas and it's been all over the country with me. Plus I look good in it but I'm camera shy! It's even been to the bottom of Lake Erie but I was able to snag it and reel it back up:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I thank you both, and all veterans and active duty service members, for the service to our nation.

7% of Americans have worn a US military uniform, keeping our country free for 100% of Americans.
I am proud to be one of them.

Could add free for illegals as well, but this isn;t a political thread (-: its a hat thread

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I shot that Jeep in downtown Hendersonville @ a classic car show.
It's a 49 if memory serves.
Since I was taken home from Hospital in a Jeep swaddled in one of those scratchy OD wool blankets just like we were issued in Panama for my
US Army Boy Scout days. Early Jungle training came in handy for 69 & 70s bungle in the Jungle LOL.

As big a part as jeeps were, I never had one in Civilian life however I worked on a butt load of them in the shop just never owned one.

Great shape for an old Cheba, aka Goat :D

762941-R1-18-19.jpg

Last edited: