Hatch, Senators raise concerns over UN treaty impact on Second Amendment

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic

U.S. Senator Orrin Hatch (R Utah) joined his colleague Senator Jerry Moran (R KS) and 43 other Senators in expressing grave concern about the dangers posed to Second Amendment rights by the United Nations' Arms Trade Treaty. In a letter to President Obama and Secretary of State Hilary Clinton, the 45 senators said they would oppose ratification of an Arms Trade Treaty that in any way restricts the rights of law abiding American gun owners. This is enough to block the treaty from Senate passage, as treaties submitted to the U.S. Senate require approval of two thirds of Senators present to be ratified.

Read About It: U.S. Senate

taymoor

Skilled Lover
My apologies for throwing this thread off topic. The reason I mentioned Ron Paul was because one part of his "plan" is to withdraw the USA from the United Nations.

KillShot

Well-Known Fanatic
Taymoor, I couldn't agree with you more, or Ron Paul for that matter, on withdrawing the U.S. from the United Nations. Hell, if it wasn't for the United States there wouldn't be much of a United Nations, if anything at all. Sadly, though, I doubt that will ever happen.

And I'm pretty sure this IS in fact the politics and 2A forum :85:

Politics in regards to the 2nd Amendment. My mistake if I misinterpreted your reason for bringing up 'Ron Paul'.

Latest posts