Happy New Year from a new member! (intro, too)

DanaSQ

Fanatic
Hello all & happy new year!
My husband pointed me towards this group, and I thought it was time to introduce myself since I've been reading posts for the past week. Looks like there's a fantastic group of people here and I'm really looking forward to learning, and hopefully contributing, to the group.

A bit about me - I am a beginner when it comes to guns, and after attending several gun shows and gauging what felt most comfortable in my hands, I opted for my first gun to be a Sig Sauer P250. My husband is firmly in the Glock camp while I still prefer Sig Sauer (I've shot both his Glock service weapon and the Glock 21 4Gen I bought him for Christmas) - the joke in our family is we are "a house divided". Happily, we can still agree on football teams or there'd be some real trouble. ;)

We go to the range once a week, and under his careful instruction I'm happy to say I'm shooting better than I ever expected I would (at least starting out!) but he's also taught me how to disassemble, clean and reassemble my gun, which I actually really enjoy. My Sig has become my baby, and she's always with me whenever I'm home. Right now I'm practicing dry fire exercises at home and experimenting with different holsters - the IWB holster was the first to arrive, and that's...different. Looking forward to getting my OWB holster so I can work on familiarizing myself with that as I'll be taking my concealed carry class either next weekend, or next month, class space permitting.

That's probably more than y'all needed to know about me, but there ya have it! Good to meet everyone!

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the Foprum...Glad you joined..

Also very glad you are taking your CCW class. I firmly believe everyone should do it...

Steve

Latest posts