HAPPY FORTH OF JULY.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Headed out for RSO duty today, I hope it's crowded.
O Sniper GIF by Whiskey & Whitetails

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm thinking about the range tomorrow myself. It will probably be crowded with the weekenders. Maybe not. It's been too hot for the California weenies (+90) so it might be OK. I'm off till Wednesday so I might just give it a go. I need some tranquility.
Well I went to the range today. Only one there! Spent two glorious hours there. Beautiful day close to 90, and a slight breeze. Sighted in an old Remington 511. Put scope on it, first 5 rds at 25 yards center and slightly right. Two clicks left and bingo! That gun makes me look good! Those old Remington's in the 500 series are some of the most accurate guns I've ever fired. Also shot two different Colt 1911's. One I've never shot, one I haven't shot in years. I know, shame on me, I feel duly chastised by myself. Been a while since I shot any 45. Didn't embarrass myself too badly. My Series 70 did not like hollow point ammo at all. Jamamatic, but when I did chamber and shoot the rounds it shot well. I used Colt Wilson and a Metalform with a round follower. The Metalform with the round follower worked perfectly. The colt 1991 ran w/o a hitch. These are such nice guns, I just need to shoot them more.

Latest posts