Happy 375th Birthday to the National Guard

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
"On this date[in 1636], the Massachusetts General Court in Salem, for the first time in the history of the North American continent, established that all able-bodied men between the ages of 16 and 60 were required to join the militia. The North, South, and East Regiments were established with this order. The decree excluded ministers and judges. Simply stated, citizen-soldiers who mustered for military training could be and would be called upon to fight when needed." www.ng.mil

pre_1323805830__ng_bday_2011.jpg

dennishoddy

I was in the Army Reserve for 16 years after 5 1/2 years on active duty. Congrats to the Folks in the National Guard! They do us well, protecting our country in their mission.

1000YRDSHOT

Well-Known Fanatic
I am a proud veteran of the 45th Infantry Brigade, and served with the 245th Engineer Company in Baghdad, Iraq in 2006/2007. Happy Birthday to all Guardsmen and women, I wish you were all here to celebrate it!

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
I appreciate everything the Guard has accomplished. They are also the ones protecting D.C so even CONUS duty can involve a long term separation from family.
Of course Happy Birthday :06:

Latest posts