Handgun needed!

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
Good morning,
I just got my membership pak for USPSA and SCSA.
I need a pistol to get started.
I really like 40 cal.
Can anyone offer info on one that wont cost me to much and still do the job?

Aggieddad02

Well-Known Fanatic
ToolBox, you will get many different ideas on the topic of handguns and I encourage you to read them all and then do serious research on the net. Finally, go somewhere where you can rent different guns or shoot with someone that will let you shoot different guns to find out what fits you best. In my case with my small hands I just wasn't comfortable with the Glock so I went with the M&P but there are alot of people that do shoot Glocks. Take the information, analyze and then shoot the guns. Good Luck and you are in good hands here at BS with the knowledge base the members have.

get a 9mm.
40 for SC is nuts.
Many more advantages than 40.
cost, recoil, easier on the body.

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic
I shoot a Glock 17 (9mm) for both USPSA and SCSA. The ammo is cheap and I have a ball competing with it. The only mods I have made to the gun are adding a 3.5# connector to lighten the trigger pull and a stainless Steel guide rod with 13# spring. Great gun!

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Craig- you may want to visit a local range that rents like H&H in OKC. It is a good way to try out which one has the best grip for you.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
Great info. I am planning a trip to H&H to rent. I used to have a top of the line Browning 40. fell in love as soon as i shot one clip. However after 150 - 200 rounds the front sight disappeared in the middle of a clip. I called manf. they said never heard of that and we will need to see the pistol we will pay UPS. So i sent it. I NEVER SAW MY PISTOL AGIAN. They said we sent it to you. The computer say's so. However there was no UPS tracking #. I WILL NEVER BUY A BROWNING AGAIN. Still get bad feellings just talking about it. It was one of those once in a life time gun's. So i will be very careful what pistol i buy this time.
Thank's for any and all info. Cant wait to start reloading and shooting

Aggieddad02

Well-Known Fanatic
Craig, had the same thing happen to a Winchester Super X Model 1 - sent it to MO to have some maintenance work and upgrades done and never saw it again. Same story, 'Your Kidding You Never Got It?" Never did but I got the money for the gun and the work that had been performed. I believe the UPS hub in St. Louis has or had some sticky fingered staff. Sorry about the loss but if you got or get the money it's an avenue to a new purchase. Damn I miss that shotgun.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
They asked me how much to make this go away. I named my price. they sent the check. The next day i called my dealer told him the deal. He said i"m looking at one right now in the box. I asked how much. It was $25.00 more than the check i got from browning. I said never mind i"m not digging in my pocket any more not even for $25.00. Because i knew if i evr sent it in for work i would never get it back. Went out and bought a S&W 357 mag roller. Been happy ever since. Just really loved that gun.

Craig, had the same thing happen to a Winchester Super X Model 1 - sent it to MO to have some maintenance work and upgrades done and never saw it again. Same story, 'Your Kidding You Never Got It?" Never did but I got the money for the gun and the work that had been performed. I believe the UPS hub in St. Louis has or had some sticky fingered staff. Sorry about the loss but if you got or get the money it's an avenue to a new purchase. Damn I miss that shotgun.

Latest posts