Handgun License and Active Gunman training for school staff

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
We will once again be making this training available in 2014. We trained over 150 public school staff members last year and hope to train more again this year. As class dates and signup opportunities become available, I will post them here. As of now, this training is limited geographically to the Tulsa area as that is where we all live. We will be discussing ways to "extend our reach" so to speak. We want every employee of Oklahoma schools to have this training, and they won't pay a dime for it. If you have a teacher, bus driver, custodian, admin staff member, or other school employee in your life, please let them know about us. If a school or district wants to learn "in their house" we will figure out how to make that work (Obviously, the SDA portion can't be taught on school property but the active gunman piece can be very well presented there). If someone doesn't want the SDA portion it isn't required to receive the rest of the training.

They can visit this link for more information: https://www.facebook.com/#!/OKsafeclassrooms

Training inlcudes the following and is completed in a long day:

OK Handgun License Course
Concepts of armed and unarmed defense
Psychology of stress, the role of training, and the realities of violent encounters
Less lethal options
Improvised weapons
Noise & light discipline
Concept of the fatal funnel and how to use it from your side, to your advantage
Familiarization with a variety of short and long arms, including mechanical and improvised ways of rendering them safe
Hasty and improvised medical interventions
Interacting with law enforcement and EMS personnel post-event

Training: It works.

"Hey....got a kudos to pass along to you all at USSA. My sis took the teacher training class on feb 5th. today they had a suprise lock down drill...they didn't come over the intercom with all clear...instead owasso pd went room by room quietly to verify they were doing as trained... When they entered her dark room she went into defense mode with her flashlight as trained...she stopped before kicking his ass but she did suprise him and bright him with the flashlight ... End result the trained officer was caught of guard much like a shooter would be... This is something she would have never considered prior to the class but had it been for real I have no doubt it would have saved lives... Right on to y'all for training pass it on please and let them know already that one class has made a difference! via- USSA Member"

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
this sign went up recently at the entrance to my kid's school, maybe you guys had something to do with the training.

Regardless, Thanks!!!!!

pre_1387665719__20131221_142226_resized.jpg

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
We're glad to be able to offer the training and I'm proud to be a part of it. I hope it never has to be used but I'll be glad they have it if it's ever needed.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Folks, I wanted to bump this to put the offer out there for other SDA Instructors around the state to join us. If you are willing to host the SDA portion free of charge and get the word out in your area, we will show up and provide the rest of the training. We will also assist in spreading the word. Please let me know if you're interested.

dennishoddy

Amazing sign, glad to see these out there now.

I had a conversation with a friend that is a teacher in a private Christian school today.

He said he taught an hour of early 1800's history and inventions, then spent 45 minutes on Samual Colt.

You dammed sure won't see that subject in public schools.

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
dennishoddy said:
Amazing sign, glad to see these out there now.

I had a conversation with a friend that is a teacher in a private Christian school today.

He said he taught an hour of early 1800's history and inventions, then spent 45 minutes on Samual Colt.

You dammed sure won't see that subject in public schools.
They don't have time for that after the semester on Che Guevara.

rawhide1

Well-Known Fanatic
scubor2 said:
They don't have time for that after the semester on Che Guevara.
Samuel Colt and Che Guevara were both discussed in my public school classroom this week. The latter probably not the way you are implying.

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
Pushing this up again.

BOLO: More details to come SOON, but the date right now is August 9th. The place is USSA in Tulsa.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Great signs. This should be the norm and not have a stinking sign to tell folks your about to get an arse whoppin if you mess with our kids.

Latest posts