H&H Club match schedule

Zekernst

H & H
Feegee is going to edit the above announcement in the general discussions thread to show our match at H&H to be the 4th sunday of the month, not the 3rd. I just want everyone to know the reasons we changed our match date originally. We didn't change our match date to step on any other match's toes. It was quite the opposite. When ussa announced they were going to start back up their matches we were all excited. Large, outdoor matches are a great venue and alot of fun to shoot. We, at H&H wanted to support this match restart. It just so happened that their matches were on the same sunday as ours. We also all wanted to get to shoot the match as chad and kelly put on a great event up there. The challenge we ran into was getting back in time to get our match set up and ready for that same evening. We looked at the calender and changed it to a date that didn't have an evening with a sanctioned match. We inadvertantly stepped on an up and coming uspsa match. This did cause some dissention, which was never our intention. We have since tried the third sunday, but we have stepped on another match. The best solution we can come up with is the fourth sunday of the month. I realize this steps on the scrap club match date, but hopefully it doesn't take away from their morning shoot. I have shot the scrap club match and it is alot of fun, but we are out of sundays. I know this has probably caused a bit of confusion, however, hopefully this will put an end to the moving of the match. This change will start in august. Looking forward this will most likely mean we will not be having a match in october due to the production/single stack sectional. A small price to pay to keep all the different clubs running smoothly. I still feel like we are in a great place when we have so many matches going on that we are struggling to find a weekend to move to. We really do appreciate all the support of the shooting community and look forward to seeing many of you at the matches in the future as we have some really fun stuff planned.
zeke

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
4th sunday means you'll have your original problem all over again. Shooters won't be back from USPSA at ATA or USSA 3gn in time for the match. There really is no solution, moving the match around just creates bigger problems.

TerryKendell

Well-Known Fanatic
A very complex problem and no easy solutions

USPSA Matches in the Oklahoma Metro Area
1) Some individual only shoot USPSA Matches in the greater OKC Metro Area (30 Mile Area)
2) Some individual only shoot USPSA Matches and drive 100 Miles to a Shoot. (Tulsa, Ponca & Etc.)
3) The above individual want USPSA matches on different dates, so they can shoot more.

3 Gun Matches & Steel Challenge (IDPA in Tulsa)
1) Some individual shoot USPSA & 3 Gun & SC in the greater OKC Metro Area
2) Some individual shoot USPSA & 3 Gun & SC and drive 100 Miles to a Shoot. (Tulsa & Etc.)
3) The above individuals will have to make choices because there is not enough Weekends.

H&H is a local OKC store; they should first consider OKC based matches, shooters, and convenience, and only tulsa secondly. imo

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
I've thought about weekday matches before, but I'm not sure how Zeegee feels about it.

Pros:
No competition from other matches in OK
Possibly expose more people at H&H to the shooting sports since it is still open during the match

Cons:
People have to go straight from work to the match or start the match later
H&H loses the ability to rent the ranges during that time.

It's a good problem to have too many choices for shooting competitions, and I'm glad OK has that problem.

pew pew

ETA: Also, the 9am start time at USSA makes it easier to be back for the H&H match if it is the same day.

mikey80

Negative Approach
Zekernst said:
Feegee is going to edit the above announcement in the general discussions thread to show our match at H&H to be the 4th sunday of the month, not the 3rd. I just want everyone to know the reasons we changed our match date originally. We didn't change our match date to step on any other match's toes. It was quite the opposite. When ussa announced they were going to start back up their matches we were all excited. Large, outdoor matches are a great venue and alot of fun to shoot. We, at H&H wanted to support this match restart. It just so happened that their matches were on the same sunday as ours. We also all wanted to get to shoot the match as chad and kelly put on a great event up there. The challenge we ran into was getting back in time to get our match set up and ready for that same evening. We looked at the calender and changed it to a date that didn't have an evening with a sanctioned match. We inadvertantly stepped on an up and coming uspsa match. This did cause some dissention, which was never our intention. We have since tried the third sunday, but we have stepped on another match. The best solution we can come up with is the fourth sunday of the month. I realize this steps on the scrap club match date, but hopefully it doesn't take away from their morning shoot. I have shot the scrap club match and it is alot of fun, but we are out of sundays. I know this has probably caused a bit of confusion, however, hopefully this will put an end to the moving of the match. This change will start in august. Looking forward this will most likely mean we will not be having a match in october due to the production/single stack sectional. A small price to pay to keep all the different clubs running smoothly. I still feel like we are in a great place when we have so many matches going on that we are struggling to find a weekend to move to. We really do appreciate all the support of the shooting community and look forward to seeing many of you at the matches in the future as we have some really fun stuff planned.
zeke
SCRAP is on 3rd Sunday

02Fatboy

Well-Known Fanatic
Spencer said:
I've thought about weekday matches before, but I'm not sure how Zeegee feels about it.

Pros:
No competition from other matches in OK
Possibly expose more people at H&H to the shooting sports since it is still open during the match

Cons:
People have to go straight from work to the match or start the match later
H&H loses the ability to rent the ranges during that time.

It's a good problem to have too many choices for shooting competitions, and I'm glad OK has that problem.

pew pew

ETA: Also, the 9am start time at USSA makes it easier to be back for the H&H match if it is the same day.
So you want the Tulsa and the Pryor match to start early so you can get back to OKC. Why not move H&H match to Saturday night?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Rick, the H&H match will ONLY take place on Sunday nights. It isn't negotiable.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Spencer said:
I assume this is because of having to shut the ranges down for customers?
Probably also has something to do with that's the day the carpet cleaning crew is there and they don't want to have to pay an employee overtime on 2 different days to stay after.