Guncrafter NN Commanders

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
Derek--Thanks for letting everyone know. Am curious though. Why not a 10mm in a Commander?

Now for the BIG Question. Since you know I called :) during that conversation brought up a 9x23 was told they use the same barrel as a 38 super with minor changes in throat and leade angle. IF so then a 9x23 Lwt Commander (frame to be finished per MIL-A-8625F told your Supplier is a Mil Spec House so it can be done I am military aerospace and know the difference btw) can be built with a ss slide?? :) :) :)

DPGI

Fanatic
The bossman says there are too many things to go wrong in a 10mm commander. It isn't his first rodeo, so I roll with what he says on stuff like that.

That other build; All. Day. Long.

You just say when, buddy.

Busa Dave

Well-Known Fanatic
Going to blame this one on Bender for getting me started looking at the GI Commander!

After a few conversations regarding specifics it is done! The first choice was a 10mm and have come to the conclusion that to build one like this to shoot 10mm is problematic. I have several steel frame commander length 1911's but most is a little apprehensive on the 10mm Commander because of the challenge to make it run with the kiddie loads all the way to full power but all take a deep breath with an aluminum frame.

So after a couple of days of conversations and thanks to Derek Parker with Guncrafter industries working with his leadership and his shop it is agreed to money has been exchanged! Special thank you to Derek for getting this lined up and approved.

A No Name Lightweight Commander in 9x23 built to anodize IAW (not aware of anyone who does this unless it is specifically called out because of the added cost and tolerances involved) actual MIL-A-8625 (LR), Type III, Class 2 black, 2.0 mil coating thickness applied to the frame, SS slide with, ball end cuts, gold bead front sight, Novak adjustable rear, serrated rear of slide, bull barrel flush cut deep crown, all parts to be matte stainless.

Will be a handful but that is what I prefer.

Dmcallister

New Fanatic
Looking at Rock Island Armory
Oh well no luck on the 10mm. Guncrafter does not do 10mm in a Commander and forget a aluminum lol they do not do those Told me they have enough issues getting the 10mm full size to run right. I completely understand. So back to looking at 38 Super which I am pretty sure I can find built.

The configurator will be fixed to take that option off shortly :)….
Look at Rock Island Armory

Latest posts