Gun stores

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
Is it just me and just here but is there certain "chains/groups" or stores that are overpriced and just talk utter bull?
I know here there is one that every time I go into their stores I hear some bullshit selling story's.
Today's one was on shotguns and how unreliable inertia guns are and how you can't shoot all day with them, so here buy this skb.

It actually annoys me and I leave again quickly. I never buy from them anyway just look from time to time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry I know that sounds real negative but it just annoys me when sales people don't find out what people want just find ways to sell them what's in stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

There are some of those in every country, every city.

I think they have a surplus in guns that aren't moving so they promote those, and trash the others?

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I actually had a "salesman" at a local shop all but tell me I was stupid for wanting a Stag AR and that I should be some USED model of a whatever brand he had in the shop. I turned around and walked out without saying a damn thing and haven't been back since.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Now my first AR purchase was delayed 6 months on the recommendation of the salesman so I could get an unregulated model after the AWB expired back in 04.

dennishoddy

Its like going to the local tackle shop thinking the owner will be a great source of information about what the fish are biting on. They always point to the dusty old lures in the corner, and say the fish are tearing them up right now. Gotta move that inventory. :D

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
Its like going to the local tackle shop thinking the owner will be a great source of information about what the fish are biting on. They always point to the dusty old lures in the corner, and say the fish are tearing them up right now. Gotta move that inventory. :D
Funny thing is every year about 50 000 new shiny lures appear on the shelves and NONE of them ever work and I always wind up going back to a trusty old design that costs about $2

But I'm a monkey and every year I try new ones, they look good in the tackle box though :scratchhead:

michaelclm

Banned from the timer
I think that, as with all things, gun stores are a cross section of the population they serve. Most are owned and staffed by the same kind of decent, hard-working, knowledgeable staff while others are (at the very least) staffed by people who probably need help tying their shoes every day.

One reason I think it's good that you go back from time to time to the same store is that, occasionally, one of the latter group slips into the employ of those in the former. They don't generally last long, but man they can make your rage twitch with the crap that comes out of their mouths. The rare shop that is owned AND operated by those with a malfunctioning brain stem can provide comedy and rage in equal doses.

Something I've noticed about BS is that there are quite a few members here from over the horizon. We should have a thread where those members can give us the low down on their local and national gun laws. I see a lot of misinformation out there about foreign gun laws.

Latest posts