Gun show

41 Charlie

Well-Known Fanatic
I too truly enjoy the gun shows. It's more of a social thing for me, hanging out with like minded individuals. The days of gun show deals are far behind us. The best I can hope for, is locating one of my Grail Guns.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I enjoyed many gun shows when I was younger. They were the primary source of income for the family growing up. It was a true wheeling and dealing place back then. Credit cards were just getting popular, and smart phones didn't exist. I haven't been to a show in a few years....probably closer to 5 years now.

Best of luck today at the show! Hope its so busy you don't get to sit down!

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
I always go to the gun shows here in Richmond, VA. They are always at RIR (Richmond International Raceway), or they are up in Doswell (I-95 north of Richmond, across the street from Kings Dominion).

No matter what, I stop over at Georgia Arms booth, chat with the guys, and buy a bag of ammo (or two). Great stuff, incredible ammo for being factory reloads!

@Don - I wish you the best today at the gun show!

Reactions: Don

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
Gave up on the kettle corn/ beef jerky shows 10 years ago +.

Ridiculous parking fees, high admission fees, NOTHING WORTH HAVING, totally cucked firearms sellers, every attempt to take down and harass "parking lot" transferrors and a general police state atmosphere.

Can't support it

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
Some places did charge parking fees, but it usually brought a higher quality gun dealer and buyer. The hot sauce and beef jerky stuff did start to overrun the shows.

Don

Well-Known Fanatic
Gave up on the kettle corn/ beef jerky shows 10 years ago +.

Ridiculous parking fees, high admission fees, NOTHING WORTH HAVING, totally cucked firearms sellers, every attempt to take down and harass "parking lot" transferrors and a general police state atmosphere.

Can't support it
No parking fees here, 7 bucks gets you in for 2 days and there were some great deals to be had. I had a lot of people that purchased firearms stop by and buy holsters. Oh and no kettle corn or jerky either. It's the first show I've bought a table at in 9 years.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
The big one here, is in Indy. First off, high parking fees, get's you into a spot a mile away, not allowed to carry, chances of getting mugged on the way in or out is high. Event is in one of the worst sections of town there is. Pay again to get into the "show". Tables and tables of junk, if you do find anything worthwhile, it will cost you an arm and a leg. They can make a shot out old M1 import look and sell for a thousand or so, if you actually see one. Absolutely nothing in there worth the trip/expense. Forget ammo, not even close to the deals at SG or other online sellers.
Just ass bad in the auction houses. There is a semi-regular gun auction on the Southside, but they have gotten so out of hand, I have seen people pay two to three times retail for ammunition, and cheap guns can go for twice what they sell at retail. Better to stick with reputable dealers, at least here.

John Galt

Well-Known Fanatic
The big one here, is in Indy. First off, high parking fees, get's you into a spot a mile away, not allowed to carry, chances of getting mugged on the way in or out is high. Event is in one of the worst sections of town there is. Pay again to get into the "show". Tables and tables of junk, if you do find anything worthwhile, it will cost you an arm and a leg. They can make a shot out old M1 import look and sell for a thousand or so, if you actually see one. Absolutely nothing in there worth the trip/expense. Forget ammo, not even close to the deals at SG or other online sellers.
Just ass bad in the auction houses. There is a semi-regular gun auction on the Southside, but they have gotten so out of hand, I have seen people pay two to three times retail for ammunition, and cheap guns can go for twice what they sell at retail. Better to stick with reputable dealers, at least here.

Sounds like any show in kalifornistan. NOTHING WORTH HAVING and they are actively trying to bust serfs with the gall to suggest private transactions.

The cow palace show in Sf / daily city is right in the middle of the ghetto

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Been quite a while since I've been to a show in Indy. Does Don from Don's Guns still show up?

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like any show in kalifornistan. NOTHING WORTH HAVING and they are actively trying to bust serfs with the gall to suggest private transactions.

The cow palace show in Sf / daily city is right in the middle of the ghetto
I remember that location well. MANY moons ago, I lived up on San Bruno Mtn. area. Was working in the Bay Area, early 90's, it was bad then.

Don

Well-Known Fanatic
Best view is my website,crossbarsleather.com