Gun Show in the City this weekend?

kimberst245

Well-Known Fanatic
Heard rumor of a show in OKC this weekend...anybody have any particualrs? Place, time, hours, admission costs, etc?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Heard on the radio it was the "biggest gun show this year! over 1,000 tables wall to wall guns, ammo, knives!"

I looked at my brother and said "I thought the gunshow last month was the biggest one this year?"

He laughed and said "no the one the month before that was the biggest one this year, but just wait, the one next month will be even bigger."

:lol:

F@#& GUN SHOWS

kimberst245

Well-Known Fanatic
I was just going to go, to kill time...just wondering if it was USUALLY worth the admission fee. Never been to an OKC gun show.

clarkbe9980

Well-Known Fanatic
Gun shows are basically never worth the money usually. These aren't worth the $12. You can find some cool stuff but it is mostly the same usual guns at high prices.

Cadoll

Well-Known Fanatic
Bought an M1 carbine for $300 at one, great gun. Other than that, it can always be good for people watching :lol:

I talked to a vendor one or two shows after the last metcalf show came thru. I was commenting that this show today was bigger than the metcalf show and he said the reason that metcalf attendance was low was because of 2 reasons. First was that people dont like paying 12 bucks for the opportunity to buy guns stuff and the 2nd was that they charge the vendors more than other shows and vendors had learned to shy away. I have definitely noticed the difference. I am a gun nut and enjoy walking around and visiting w/ different folks. Good thing is because of my age i usually get 1/2 off if not free admission. If you do go though, look for people walking around with a gun, they are more often not trying to sell. Can be a good opp. Once in a while to get lucky. I scored a Browning hi-power for 475.00. Ftf otd. Good luck!

kimberst245

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, ended up paying the $12 bucks to get in. Waked around for nearly 2 hours and saw alot of cool stuff. Of course they had the boxes of Mosin Nagants for $99 at the front, and alot of other junker stuff, but I did manage to come out with a good deal. I found several tables that had S&W 645/4506 magazines, but for the most part they knew what they had and even wanted retail prices for them used. Dug around at one table and this guy had two metal floorplate magazines that wanted $20 a piece for them. Ended up paying $35 for two vs. 1 new at around the same price. Who says good deals can't be had... :rolleyes:

Latest posts