Gun Range Community

DanielC25

Active Fanatic
Has anyone ever wondered why their are only communities based on Golf courses? Would anyone be interested in a housing community that had a gun range in the middle like a golf community does? I am wondering if someone did a housing community like this would their be any interest in it? I know we all love to shoot and enjoy our hobby but how much more would we do it, if it was right their in our housing community. I would love to live in a nice neighborhood like oaktree or gallardia but I don’t golf so it would be really stupid to move and pay that much money for a house that is just located their. Also, for this community I am not talking about multi-million dollar homes but what if they ranged from 150K upwards of 500K. You know houses most of us could afford.
Plus do you think it would be the safest community in America?? LOL

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
That may be an idea. People have built gated Additions with common Equine facilities, around air strips....... as long as it's not a bunch of double-wides parked around a gravel pit... you may have a market.

Frontsite in Las Vegas was doing something like that... but if I understand the housing/condo venture went bankrupt

DanielC25

Active Fanatic
no I am talking about doing a state of the art range facility with both close range and long range bays both indoor and out

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'd buy one.

Home owners dues could go towards range employers to setup up matches and maintaing the range. Can you imagine what you could do with $200 a month in home owners dues for 20-30 lots?

The only problem I foresee is that you would have to be out in the country and not to many wives want to live in remote areas.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
no I am talking about doing a state of the art range facility with both close range and long range bays both indoor and out

Still...it's a niche market. If you could get zoning, that would play well an retirement area. Old guys without kids tend to spend on hobbies.

Jessie... round Edmond or South Logan County would be great. If this depression lifts... it wont be "out in the country" much longer. Buy it while you can.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I'd buy one.

Home owners dues could go towards range employers to setup up matches and maintaing the range. Can you imagine what you could do with $200 a month in home owners dues for 20-30 lots?

The only problem I foresee is that you would have to be out in the country and not to many wives want to live in remote areas.

Another great idea from Jesse. Ditch the wives!

pyplynr

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a farm that is just 1 mile south of the Lazy E. It wasn't too long ago that was all it was was open farm country and timber. We sold half of it about 6 years ago and now it's nothing but houses. Still got 150 acres left down there that my uncle lives on. Silver Leaf is just up the road from it and threre are plenty of "gun folk" that drive down that road. Don't know if we will ever sell that place because it's my grandpas homestead from when he was a youngin. I'm adding more and more things to my home range little by little I'm building my house 1/4 mile from it next year.

jtischauser

Another great idea from Jesse. Ditch the wives!

This ain't gonna be one of those alternative lifestyle places taymoor!

I've got a farm that is just 1 mile south of the Lazy E. It wasn't too long ago that was all it was was open farm country and timber. We sold half of it about 6 years ago and now it's nothing but houses. Still got 150 acres left down there that my uncle lives on. Silver Leaf is just up the road from it and threre are plenty of "gun folk" that drive down that road. Don't know if we will ever sell that place because it's my grandpas homestead from when he was a youngin. I'm adding more and more things to my home range little by little I'm building my house 1/4 mile from it next year.

I'd be happy to put some lead into that soil for you if you ever need me to. I'd also be interested in buying that if you ever decide to sell.

Eellis

Well-Known Fanatic
Man that's a good idea but they already have them .it's called a compound!!! Jk my wife ain't movin I would have to leave her! Let me know when you guys start I can build your houses for ya.

jtischauser

Man that's a good idea but they already have them .it's called a compound!!! Jk my wife ain't movin I would have to leave her! Let me know when you guys start I can build your houses for ya.

Lol! You build houses? Im planning on building in the next 12-24 months. Pm me your info.

Bk2X

Well-Known Fanatic
While I like the idea of being so close to a range, there are some issues that come to mind.

1. Safety - Will this be family oriented or white heads?
2. Noise - 10 guys on the range at 6 am before work may work as a nice alarm for some but not for others.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Noise - 10 guys on the range at 6 am before work may work as a nice alarm for some but not for others.

I imagine that if a person likes shooting enough to move to a community centered around a range, demographically they would probably want land as well. In other words, the houses wouldn't be one lot plots. There would likely be a BIG area with each house on quite a bit of land within an ATV ride away from a range. WIth good berms, bushes, and other topographical considerations the 6AM crowd wouldn't be too big of a concern. Also, I doubt any houses would be built downrange. With houses surrounding the shooting area on 3 sides only, the majority of the noise would not be directed at the homes. Just my .02