Gun controls new frontier

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
Below is an excerpt from an article on Alex Jones infowars website (http://www.infowars.com/us-veterans-for ... detention/) so take the source with a grain of salt.

Most recently is the inception of oppositional defiance disorder (ODD) which is described as a mental disease wherein free thinkers, non-conformists, civil disobedience supporters, those who question authority and are perceived as being hostile toward the government are labeled mentally ill.

Psychiatrics claim that sufferers have ?a recurrent pattern of negativistic, defiant, disobedient, and hostile behavior toward authority figures that persists for at least 6 months? which includes:

? Persistent stubbornness
? Resistance to directions
? Unwillingness to go along with the crowd
? Deliberately annoying others
? Testing limits by ignoring orders

Under these definitions Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks would be deemed mentally ill, and if you think the governor of Alabama (as only one example) at the time would have hesitated to lock them up and lose them I wonder at your mental health

I have had a deep seated fear of mental health institutes for years (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhan_experiment) because once they get their hands on you they own you until they decide to let you go. Now, with this new diagnosis, the simple statement that you don?t want treatment can be construed as mental illness, and mandate said treatment for you. That grouchy old man across the street, the disgustingly annoying morning person at the coffee shop, and the protestor at the tea party rally are just some examples of the kind of people that now fall under this statue. How many of you have kids that are ADD/ADDHD? Do they deserve to be committed for it, or to lose their gun rights as adults because they were hyper as children? You want to protest against the government confiscating guns? Congrats, you display ?hostile behavior toward authority figures?, and are going to an institution. Dont want the goverment to mandate what you can and cant eat? Your "Persistent stubbornness" demonstrates you can't care for yourself. Want to have a CCW? Your very desire for something that not everyone else possesses demonstrates ?Unwillingness to go along with the crowd?, and disqualifies you. BTW, turn in your guns to us now, you?re mentally ill and can?t be trusted with them. This is the new frontier in gun control, especially when combined with overreaching government controlled health care.

FunkyMonkey

Well-Known Fanatic
Thomas Szasz wrote of this very thing in 1960 in his classic "The Myth of Mental Illness."

Read it if you truly want to be scared about how those in power use so-called mental illness for all manner of social control of unwanted behavior. ODD is only the the latest entry in the modern over medicalization of everyday life. It has been estimated that 80% of all people will have a diagnostic illness in the new DSM-5 - the "bible" of modern psychiatric diagnoses used by psychiatrists, insurance companies and government agencies including courts.

80 percent.

4 out of 5.

Mentally ill.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0061771228/?tag=palmettoshooters-20

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Wow. Makes some of the things in George Orwell's 1984 seem frighteningly real. People think policies like this will never happen, but the truth is, the change is so subtle and slow, it'll be too late by the time it happens. When is time to pack up and go? Where's my tinfoil hat? I have never been a conspiracy theorist and this is probably the first post I've made of this nature, but I couldn't live in a society like that.

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
This is more than gun control; this is people control.

You know that saying; once is an anomaly, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern...guess how many times this has already happened?

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
So how do you stand up against it, when standing up against it only proves that your crazy? Its like argueing about if you are argueing. Its a catch 22 from hell. Forgot about not having to worry about anything if you havent done anything wrong, when simply not doing something wrong is in and of itself wrong. And once you're "diagnosed" it stick with you forever, at least if you are a law abiding citizen. I'm starting to think Orwell was an optimist.

Parhams0508

Well-Known Fanatic
fiundagner said:
So how do you stand up against it, when standing up against it only proves that your crazy? Its like argueing about if you are argueing. Its a catch 22 from hell. Forgot about not having to worry about anything if you havent done anything wrong, when simply not doing something wrong is in and of itself wrong. And once you're "diagnosed" it stick with you forever, at least if you are a law abiding citizen. I'm starting to think Orwell was an optimist.

It's kinda like if someone tells you that you have been brainwashed, how can you demonstrate that you haven't been brainwashed? ODD and brainwashing are two allegations that are ontologically impossible to refute.

craigp

Well-Known Fanatic
So basically just comply with whatever you're told and never question, complain about or ridicule authority and you'll be fine otherwise they'll lock you up without warning or just cause and throw away the key. Sounds like China, N. Korea and any of the other little podunk psycho controlled governments.

Rosea Carpa

Well-Known Fanatic
fiundagner said:

Numbers!!! if we all stand together it is a lot harder to tear us apart.. If we could all get together on something like constitutional carry weather you want to actually open carry or not you would still have the ability to conceal if you wanted but if we ALL got behind that one idea the government couldn't stop it, it would happen one way or another!

fiundagner

Well-Known Fanatic
An exceprt from a treaty going to vote in the senate tommorrow

most of it is the normal feel good UN claptrap, but this is worrisome

http://www.un.org/disabilities/conventi ... full.shtml

UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities

Article 18 - Liberty of movement and nationality

2. Children with disabilities shall be registered immediately after birth ...

This is mandatory registration, at birth, with potential penalties attached for failure to register. How can you tell, at birth, if a person is mentally disabled? With a few exceptions (Down syndrome comes to mind) mental disorders do not have a genetic marker that you can point to and say "this person is disabled". And what about people who become disabled later in life, but were not registered at birth? Are they or their parents subject to penalties for failure to register that future disability at birth?
When I take mandatory registration of people, add in an ODD diagnosis, and combine with efforts to take away the guns of persons deemed "mentally deficient" or "disabled" I get concerned. Are they playing a long game on American disarmament, or am I jumping at shadows? Throw in the new gun control treaty talks scheduled for march, and i get more than concerned.

C_Carson

Well-Known Fanatic
It's all about controlling the livestock. Soon there will be so many regulations that we will have to have permission slips to breathe and breed.

Latest posts