Gun Bills in OK Legislature 2015

rawhide1

Well-Known Fanatic
OK2A.org's legislative agenda for 2015 http://www.ok2a.org/2015

HJR 1009 passed committee today. Please contact your legislators and ask for their support. This state constitution amendment narrowly failed last year and will likely meet more resistance this year.

Many other worthy bills that need our support.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Bob, what are your thoughts on HB1936? I have read some concerns from others regarding the section about the penalty for obtaining a carry license from another state.

H. 1. It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a firearms instructor approved and registered pursuant to the provisions of this section, to conduct or offer to conduct within the borders of this state a firearms safety and qualification training course that would enable a person to obtain a handgun license from a state other than Oklahoma. Any person who violates the provisions of this subsection shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor.

2. Any person in this state who:
a. is a resident of Oklahoma,
b. completes a firearms safety and qualification training course that is specific to the laws and regulations of another state for issuing handgun licenses, and
c. is issued a handgun license from said state,

shall be subject to an administrative fine of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00).

Copy of HB1936 attached

View attachment 8958

Attachments

• HB1936.pdf
    93.1 KB · Views: 171

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
HB1936 is pointless trash from the mind of a blithering idiot that is fully qualified to ask people if they would like fries with their hamburger order.

rawhide1

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
Bob, what are your thoughts on HB1936? I have read some concerns from others regarding the section about the penalty for obtaining a carry license from another state.

H. 1. It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a firearms instructor approved and registered pursuant to the provisions of this section, to conduct or offer to conduct within the borders of this state a firearms safety and qualification training course that would enable a person to obtain a handgun license from a state other than Oklahoma. Any person who violates the provisions of this subsection shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor.

2. Any person in this state who:
a. is a resident of Oklahoma,
b. completes a firearms safety and qualification training course that is specific to the laws and regulations of another state for issuing handgun licenses, and
c. is issued a handgun license from said state,

shall be subject to an administrative fine of One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00).

Copy of HB1936 attached

attachicon.gif
HB1936.pdf
After reading the bill I can understand the concerns. The good news: The version you posted was incorrectly drafted by House staff and was revised before passing committee. The House floor version, which will probably go under some further tweaks before passing, is here . It reads much differently than the version you posted. i.e. Instructors can charge whatever they want, there is a non resident license, and an OK resident can have a nonresident permit from another state.

H. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to prohibit an Oklahoma resident from obtaining or possessing a nonresident weapons or handgun license issued by another state.
Hope this helps. I was really confused after reading the original version. The revised bill looks much better.

Latest posts