Grow your own?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I know we talked about self sufficiency before, however I just walked out the door from B&W into color.

Ever wonder if you are sleepwalking through life at times, just to wake up & see the Red roses?

I have tried to feed my family from what I have grown as long Mother nature will allow that is. ;)
We have tried grow lights Fluorescent not HD lights 4 many years for tomatoes lettuce etc without great luck
however we did save money on electricity. Fluorescent light is not the way to Grow plants period!

We all know about LED flashlights & would not want to go back to dim yeller bulbs that break when you
drop them. I just did not know how far we had come with LED grow lights & I am impressed with what I see.

They say:
Q: What is the recommended hanging distance for the Electric Sky?

For clones, seedlings, or plants just moved under the Electric Sky, the recommended hanging height is 36-48". During vegetative growth, the Electric Sky can get as close as to 18-20 inches away at full power, and closer with the dimmable functionality. In flower, the optimal hang height is 12-18 inches, but plants can get as close to 6 inches away without burning as long as they are healthy. The combination of hang height and intensity control allows you illuminate your plants in almost any configuration.

Grow almost 4' above the plants not 3" where the tips get burned & the lower leaves turn yeller & fall off.
As long as I have power I can produce fresh veggies & herbs all winter long, & then transplant them outside in spring
for fast vegies soon after. I'm stoked, however look at the prices of the best lights, do not get the cheap eBay pot growing
copies or you will be sorry. I have read many reviews about & as always, you gets what you pay for but then remember how long LEDs last.

Let's keep in touch if you plan on trying the LED route this winter.
I will try it, if they can grow pot I can grow vegies & spices for eating.

https://thegreensunshineco.com/product/electric-sky-es300-grow-light/

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
We all know who is behind this DS dip shits
It's certain that we will have an engineered food crisis. It's another phase of the great reset. This is high treason and the perpetrators need to be positively identified with clear evidence. We all know what needs to happen at that point. It's getting closer every day.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Where do these clowns come from??? Animal liberation front? What the heck is that? I'm of the belief that animals are on this earth to serve us. You know to eat, cloth us, and to help us. Wow!!!

I believe these A-holes came from PETA, talk about having 0 grey matter between their ears.

Bbq Grill GIF by Kaufnekuh

Stoke up the coals & toss a big fat marbled steak on the fire!

Don't forget the Bakers on the coals.
Yummmm! :D

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe these A-holes came from PETA, talk about having 0 grey matter between their ears.

Bbq Grill GIF by Kaufnekuh

Stoke up the coals & toss a big fat marbled steak on the fire!

Don't forget the Bakers on the coals.
Yummmm! :D

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Where do these clowns come from??? Animal liberation front? What the heck is that? I'm of the belief that animals are on this earth to serve us. You know to eat, cloth us, and to help us. Wow!!!

Well, we are given dominion over every animal, and all things are good by Him who made all.

These freakin wierdos apparently have no life, so only aspire to make someone elses as dismal as their own. We definitely need to grow and harvest as much of our own food as possible. As Mike points out our parents and grandparents all did, I know mine did.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
We just got our order last week for Grapes, raspberries, Blackberries, & blueberries & planted them all.
Dog tired, :p however I wanted to share the place we bought them from.
The plants came with great root systems & packed super good, you need to order this summer/fall for the spring 23 season.
We looked this spring & most of what we ordered last fall were out of stock.

Fruit is the gift that keeps on giving, so simple to grow just keep them trained & healthy.
If you have a small space full sun that you can put in two T post 8" apart running North/south you can grow 1 vine with bunches of grapes
for wine or anything else. Merlot jelly blended with Black Spanish you won't go back to Concord after that LOL.

Last edited:

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
The first post about growing techniques is very useful. The other moaning and cursing those responsible not so much. The crisis is upon us and will likely get much worse. Time to do what is needed for you and yours to live. The politicians will not be helpful.
I just cut a bunch of bananas down. They have been hanging there since early summer and just did not want to get ripe. Likely not getting enough sunlight and just cut down an offending oak. I still have persimmons on the trees and my satsuma oranges are getting ripe. I am in zone 8b northwest florida. Winter gardens are possible here for mainly vitamins. For calories plant root crops like sweet potato, yams, peanuts and other starch crops for calories.