Greetings from State College, PA

smitty316

Fanatic
Hello all, glad to be here. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, but 1911s are my passion. I probably won't be posting any drool-worthy pictures anytime soon, unless you're a fan of beat-up utilitarian chic. I'm always interested in gunsmithing tips and tricks to get the most out of these pistols, as I carry this one for self-defense.

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Attachments

• IMG_20201006_085155686.jpg
    IMG_20201006_085155686.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 22

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Hello all, glad to be here. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, but 1911s are my passion. I probably won't be posting any drool-worthy pictures anytime soon, unless you're a fan of beat-up utilitarian chic. I'm always interested in gunsmithing tips and tricks to get the most out of these pistols, as I carry this one for self-defense.

Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic

Lived in Somerset, Pa. and been to State college many times. Somerset the best place I ever lived. I also carry a Kimber Raptor. Great gun; no problems. I have on order a Nighthawk Thunder Ranch and looking forward to getting it. I have four other 1911's which includes two Springfields and they also are great guns. Good luck to you!

tcttcf

Fanatic

The 1911 was designed to be a combat weapon in rough conditions. Accurate and reliable enough for use in war. It was designed to be functional not beautiful.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic

Welcome from cloudy Florida...

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
AAH but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My 1st 1911 was compliments of Uncle. It had to be about 25 years old but it was beautiful to me. Didn't want to give it back when it was time. Damn wish I had that beauty today.