Got Some Glock Instruction Today

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Sig put a thumb safety one of the P365 models:) right now that's the only "plastic" gun I'll carry otherwise it's my Wilson CQB in some Warbird leather. Still have bit **** the new Glock yet, it's just sitting in the safe.

Will it have any collector's value if I don't shoot it for like twenty plus years and its still new in box??
Like a future Colt python???

I would not buy a Glock for an investment, but I have seen where some of the more rare older generation Glocks can be worth some serious cash. Why, I don't really know. Here is one: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895083251

Again, I don't see why, but... maybe made out of recycled credit cards with high limits? :D

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I would not buy a Glock for an investment, but I have seen where some of the more rare older generation Glocks can be worth some serious cash. Why, I don't really know. Here is one: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895083251

Again, I don't see why, but... maybe made out of recycled credit cards with high limits? :D
Wow. Like I said.....I'm usually wrong.o_O

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I have heard of the plastic boxes and manuals of the older Glocks bringing some serious cash too. Again, I don't get it, but collectors collect.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm going to take a look at a Sig.

I don't see a Glock ever having any collector value. That's just my opinion and I'm usually wrong.:oops:
The collector's value comment was me being a smart ass:)
That was in reference to the thought that I bought it but that doesn't mean I'll shoot it;-/

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
The collector's value comment was me being a smart ass:)
That was in reference to the thought that I bought it but that doesn't mean I'll shoot it;-/
I took a good look on the inside at how a Glock works. It's not nearly as rock solid as the design of a 1911, but the damn thing runs.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Funny thing is I plan on qualifying with a 1911 and the Glock. The Chief told me I can carry what I want, just all but one or two carry Glocks. I will be rocking a 1911 all along. :D

Freaking body armor is expensive though... I will say it is a very interesting experience so far. I just wish Glocks had a safety and were single action. o_O

Ceapea

Well-Known Fanatic
I know, it is 1911 Fanatics, but I had some private instrucion today on shooting a Glock... I tried shooting at 15 and 25 yards a while back, it was not pretty. So, I figured I could try to fight through it, or get an instructor that spoke Glock. We started at 10, 15, then 25 yards. Instructor made a couple of suggestions, slight grip change.

Now, I like to shoot fast, shooting slow, and accurate at longer than 10 yards, is just not my thing. But, after a bit, he had me shoot with more of the first joint of my trigger finger instead of the pad, and there we go. So, after a hour or so, 15 yard head shots on an IDPA target, did pretty good. 25 yards, MUCH better hitting center mass. I learned a lot, got better, and I think with practice, I will be where I need to be with the Glock.

The instructor is also a 1911 fan, and was pretty impressed with my semi custom SA RO...

Considering an IDPA match in the future. Probably shoot that with the 1911. Just cause.

Amazing how just a slight change in trigger finger position, or grip can increase accuracy. It is great when you find an instructor that is good, and passionate about what they do.
You want to improve your shooting in general? Find and join a local PPC match/League!
Seriously!! And use a DA revolver too!! Again, seriously.
It seems like an antiquated form of shooting. But you get a ton of practice on trigger control using a DA revolver. Once you perfect that (or even get pretty good!), you'll shoot ANY semi-auto pistol TREMENDOUSLY better...
I know of a few guys that shoot IDPA and GSSF, that wanted to get better in both. At my suggestion, they took up PPC and within two months, their GSSF scores went from 410-ish (500 being tops), to 485-490! But they took it seriously and did a lot of dry fire practice and actual shooting under pressure and at varying distances.
Try it. You just might improve, and like it too!

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
Sig put a thumb safety one of the P365 models:) right now that's the only "plastic" gun I'll carry otherwise it's my Wilson CQB in some Warbird leather. Still have bit **** the new Glock yet, it's just sitting in the safe.

Will it have any collector's value if I don't shoot it for like twenty plus years and its still new in box??
Like a future Colt python???
That is the good thing about Springfield. They have safeties on their striker fired guns. Some have both the palm and thumb safety.

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm 65 and definitely old school. I've been shooting handguns since 1982. The 1911 was my first handgun , it is amazing. I'm also a big fan of revolvers and single actions. I bought a Glock 19 when they first came out. I couldn't figure it out and sold it. About 3 years ago I went to North Carolina, not sure why but I rented a Glock 21 , after a few terrible shots the guy next to me came over introduced himself as a retired sheriff, he said he carried the 21 for a long time. He gave me a few pointers adjusted my grip and just like that I was hitting right were I was pointing the pistol. He gave me a big smile and just went back to shooting. I now have 4 Glocks 3 of them I picked up used in new condition.Although the 1911 and the S&W Model 19 are still my favorite I pretty much shoot the Glocks. Hopefully the ammo situation gets better so we can get back to it.

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
I agree. The lack of a thumb safety is the hardest thing for me to get used to. I have decided I don't like the Glock after 2 weeks of owning it. It's a tool. A1911 is artwork. The Glock is easy for the wife to handle and it's a throwaway gun when it's worn out.....or maybe the dog will like chewing on it.
Not so sure you can wear a Glock out

Latest posts