Got my Savage 110 BA .338 Lapua in...Now what optics to go with?

Jrabbit771

Well-Known Fanatic
I got it a few days ago....Since I can't decide on what glass I want, I mounted my Nikon Monarch 5-20X44 for the time being ( i couldnt wait to shhot it) I thought I was dead set on the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22X56....
Then....lol....I looked into Premier and also the Vortex lineup. I'm not going to use it for benchrest shooting. I will prob use it for more tactile purposes (hog control, etc) ...I think I want It in First Focal, but again....I can't decide what would be best for me...I know it's not to common to get first focal plane. I think most law enforcement and military use first. Easier to hold for wind, etc, and estimating distances...I could be wrong on this
I'm really liking he Vortex lineup....PSR and the Razor HD. With the Razor HD being about the same price as Nightforce....
My question is....Would it be stupid to get the Vortex (PST or Razor) over the Nightforce? I can get the PST for about 1000 and the HD around 2K...Nightforce around 2K also....I need a little help on deciding between the 3 (PST, Razor, NF NXS. Anyone have any experience with them on a .338 Lapua or similar?

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
I have nothing but good things to say about vortex! Mounted on a desert tactical .338 the razor worked like a dream. Great glass, accurate tracking, GREAT reticle.
Vortex and the extra money on ammo or Gucci gear.

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Take a look at the Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x. Great glass and it's got the tactical knobs. You can pick one up new on eBay for around $800. Camera Land New York sells them on eBay under the user name gr8ful doug. I bought one and know several others that have bought from them with no issues. They don't sell scope rings though.

dennishoddy

Looking at your requirments, and what your going to be targeting. I'd stay with what you have mounted.

Don't over think your optics.

Latest posts