Got called about an instructor position

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
dealing with the generation that will attend those classes might be a HUGE leap for ya. never saw such rude, inattentive ,entitled little brats as I have seen in the 20 + unders these days.
be careful. perhaps check out the school and a few classes before you make the leap

good luck , no matter what you decide

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
While I don't know anything about the school in question, I haven't had any good experiences with guys that come out of the ones out here in Ca. WyoTech and UTI are the schools whose students I have experience with. They mostly suck. We currently have one UTI product at the shop. He's a smart guy and nice enough but lazy as can be. If he worked as hard at his job as he does at avoiding work or hiding in the bathroom, he would be a great employee. The rest have been a bunch of entitled pricks that want big money while asking around to borrow a metric crescent wrench.

Bad Wolf

Well-Known Fanatic
Best wishes on this. Teaching can run the range from pretty nice to pretty bad. I was a teacher a life time ago and would never go back to it, but that was a different situation from what you are looking at.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
A reflection on this topic...

My favorite teacher in my entire school career, including the four years of college, was my industrial arts teacher in 8th grade. He was a hard ass, but he was great, and we made beautiful furniture in that shop. Well, he and I did. Everyone else was making bookends.

If I could put up with the low pay, and pencil necked jerks that ran that junior high school and beat my ass with a paddle, that would have been my dream job...

...only I don't think students today are the same as we were in 1969. I'm guessing they are worse.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
Do it.

Tech schools change lives. The students are there because they want to be there and want to make a difference in their lives and future.

My son Nate was detached from his regular high school but was all in on his classes at the tech school.

I just nominated his tech school instructor for teacher of the year. I will send you a copy of the nomination letter when I get back home from my business trip. It should help you understand what kind of difference you can make in this world.

Z

Latest posts