Got Bored and destroyed my Glock.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Well, I can't leave stuff alone and I went crazy on my G34. It started with all the slide work. The Slide was a gift from a cousin. Basically, he was having Glockworx customize his g34 and they didn't mill the slide correctly. SO, I got a free slide, barrel and sights. Added a stainless recoil rod, lighter spring, Glockworx connector and comp spring set. I was wanting to drop the hump off the back so I used a candle to heat up the grip and smashed it against the counter. Then, I dremelled off the rear bumps and undercut the trigger guard. After stippling the first time, I was happy with the gun. Then I started shooting it. I was leaving the range with 2 open sores on my hand from slide bite. I was thinking about making a beavertail out of accuglass but found the grip force adapters. I added one and was impressed but I didn't like how it looked compared to the stipple work I had done. So, out came the 2 part epoxy, dremel and heating iron. And, well, you can see how it all ended up. I don't think Glockworx or Accurate Iron have anything to worry about.

View attachment 3760
View attachment 3761
View attachment 3762
View attachment 3763
View attachment 3764
View attachment 3765
View attachment 3766
View attachment 3767
View attachment 3768
View attachment 3769
View attachment 3770
View attachment 3771

Attachments

• heat damage.jpg
    heat damage.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 103
  • cardboard.jpg
    cardboard.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 123
  • back sanded.jpg
    back sanded.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 124
  • side sanded.jpg
    side sanded.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 145
  • finished 1.jpg
    finished 1.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 155
  • sanded.jpg
    sanded.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 138
  • sanded rear.jpg
    sanded rear.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 125
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 124
  • side2.jpg
    side2.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 122
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 143
  • sideleft.jpg
    sideleft.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 175
  • sideright.jpg
    sideright.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 140

JamesB74

Fanatic
You know the targets don't really care what the gun looks like. How does she shoot now is the big question?!?!?!??

Sent from my island villa by carrier pigeon.

kdf9511

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm curious, what does changing out the recoil rod and lighter spring get you? I just got a Gen 4 G34 and have been wondering if I shoud change those out.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I'm curious, what does changing out the recoil rod and lighter spring get you? I just got a Gen 4 G34 and have been wondering if I shoud change those out.
They will change how the gun responds under recoil.
Many people don't like the feel of the double spring in the Gen4's.

If you can use a lighter spring, there is less of a dip of the front sight when the slide returns to battery.
It give you a flatter recoil than the heavier setup.
You just have to know how light you can go on the spring with your ammo.

charger arms

Since this was a g3 gun, I don't think the recoil rod and spring do much. If anything it might be too light. I was thinking that with the extra metal gone from the slide, it might need a lighter spring. I have had to tap the slide twice in about 500 rounds so I think I will go heavier or go back to stock on the spring.

I really like how it shoots. Ran 150 rounds though it today and it didn't leave me bleeding from the slide bite. Going to work at trigger control and I should golden.

charger arms

He wanted 5 small windows down each side and not one long one. Also forgot to give a radius cut around the edges. His finished pistol looks great and hopefully one its way to Switzerland (I didn't want to mess with the export headache and passed that off to another dealer friend)

Latest posts