Good lightweight handguard for ar

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
Since this is the 3 gun capital of the world....I was hoping someone could help me.

I'm looking for a 12-14 inch free float handrail for an ar15.

Criteria:

Light
Be able to accept a bipod
durable.

Light is the big thing I'm going for but it must have some way of attaching a harris bipod.

Also wouldn't mind any advice on a very accurate 14.5 or 16 inch barrel in stainless. It has to be threaded.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
I am a fan of the Samson products. They use the milspec barrel nut and you can attach a bipod mount to the bottom. Easy to install and great supporter of the sport and 2A.

Here is their bipod mount kit.

I have used several of the handguards over the years and I have never had a complaint. I am using the 15" Evo on my stainless optics rifle, and the 15" Evo Keymod on my irons light weight rifle.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
Luke I have a Troy alpha rail and my dad runs the Samson both are 15". I'm sure we can let you try them both next week if you make it out to shoot

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If you want light go with an AP Customs Rhino Arms handguard and stuck a strip of pic rail on the bottom.

JTRhino10 gets you 10% off too.

Barrels...Nordic 16" is good to go. If you want really accurate I like Rainier and JP match barrels but they run $4-500. I ordered a Rainer 14.5" and they added the gass block and tube if my choosing before they pinned it.

Hit me up if you need a discount code for a Nordic barrel too.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Like Adam said.......Samson is a great product

45recoil

likes to party
Utg super slim pro is a nice choice. They have a 13" and a 15" model. Its good to go, ill be selling off my samson to pic up one for my 3g rifle in the near future

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I finally got my hands on one of those UTG super slim handguards, and they are really nice. I was pleasantly surprised.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Nordic makes a good one that will accept rail sections. Fairly inexpensive too.
those are a great bang for the buck but not lightweight

luke.reninger

Well-Known Fanatic
It's getting suppressed and used for precision work. So a bipod is necessary for me..... I just want it lighter then my current 24 inch varmint gun in case I actually want to hunt with it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll do some more research on the weight of each. This gives me a starting point.

AP Customs...hard to find anything lighter I think

Attachments

• 20141227_141443.jpg
    20141227_141443.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts