Good Competition Parts

White Kid

The American Reaper
So, I'm tryna' figure out what some good competition parts for a Glock 35 (Gen. 3).
I know I'm gonna' get a Glockmeister Ghost Slide release and a Glockmeister Extended Magazine release.
I already have a "25 cent trigger job" done to it and it's PRETTY DANG SWEET, so I don't think I'm gonna' swap out the trigger.
I don't know what would be a good mag well would be though.
Plus I'm thinking about getting a good ported barrel since I have a 35 and it already has a cut out.
As far as sights, I'm torn between the Taran Tactical Fiber Optic sights or the Dawson Precision Fiber Optic sights.
Also, would a comp be good to put on it as well? I run I think 180 grain HPR (.40S&W) just to let ya' know.
So if some of y'all good ol' people could lead me the way to these things, that would be quite helpful.

White Kid

The American Reaper
Jesse Tischauser said:
Ported barrels and comps on a Glock 35 is a waste of money.

Any magwell will do. Save your money for ammo and take TDSA's AP1 class.
I'm gonna' try and take that class as soon as I can get the money, hopefully sometime this summer.
The ported barrel will be the last thing I do if I even decide to do it.

White Kid

The American Reaper
dr poopgiggle said:
why would you put a comp on a 40S&W iron-sighted gat?
I probably won't put a comp on it but I might get a ported barrel though, not quite sure.
So far here's the parts I'm gonna get:

1) Glockmeister Ghost Extended Slide Rlease
2) Glockmeister Extended Mag Release or SJC Extended Mag Release
3) Glockmeister "Reaper" Back Plate (Just for the "tacticool" factor)
4) Glockmeister Mag Well or SJC Brass Mag Well
5) Taran Tactical Fiber Optic sight set or Dawson Precision Fiber Optic sight set w/ serrated rear sight
6) Taran Tactical Mag Base Plates

I'm probably gonna' send the frame off to SJC to have a good stippling job done to it (Yes, I'm gonna keep the finger grooves, I actually like them).
I just needa' know of a good ported barrel, since I have the 35 I already have that large cut out so that don't needa' be done.
The barrel will probably be the last thing I do to it because I don't feel like jumping right into Open class just yet, I'mma' in Limited for a good while then I'll go into Open.

White Kid

The American Reaper
dr poopgiggle said:
A ported barrel serves the same function as a comp. I just don't understand why you'd do that on an iron-sighted 40.
To reduce some of the muzzle flip, that's the only reason why I might get one. Mainly so I can get on target faster.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I don't think I've ever seen a ported G35 barrel because that would be stupid like Dr. P is pointing out.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
For the magwell I'd get the SJC Brass or Zev Heavy Brass. You want a bigger magwell to make reloads faster, but also it helps soak up some recoil by adding weight.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
I vote TTI fiber optic sights, I like them on my 34. Plus Taran called me himself to ask what color I wanted installed, which made me feel like a special snowflake.

Latest posts