Going To Have To Give Up My Starbucks....

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
...and probably get a job!

I should have never went to the OKCGC IPSC match yesterday. Just watching it lured me in. I know ya'll warned, but I am just done for and my husband is already attempting to explain to me how much ammo costs. I may have to sell my soul back to the Devil and re-design someone's network once in awhile.

While I was there I met some great people and had the chance to try out an M&P Pro 9mm with a baby backstrap and a trigger job from Accurate Iron....NICE!!!! Did not fit my hand quite as well as I would like it, but with the easy trigger it worked very well.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
Why not get a job at Starbucks?

To reduce the ammo cost associated with training, many of us have resorted to getting our trigger time with .22 or AirSoft pistols. While not being a substitute for the real competition center pistol, a 22 or AirSoft will give some practice time at a lower cost.

Those furry little creatures in my back yard fear my $20 Walmart AirSoft for a distance of about 5 yards.

imacgyver

Founding Member
Those furry little creatures are also known as the neighborhood children. ;) Surprisingly enough are just about the right size as an IPSC target. They do make those airsoft guns very close to the real ones. You might even find a replica that fits wel in your holster - my wife made my neuter my airsoft as I was a bit too dangerous with the little ones around the house.

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
I have my .22 Sig Mosquito that I go practice with frequently -- I love it, it is so much fun.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
It costs up front but it will save you in the long run and that would be a reloader. I bought one last year and if I didn't have the loader I couldn't shoot nearly as much as I do and that's not enough! it'll save you a touch over factory ammo plus the biggest plus is you can tailor loads that will just meet power factor so that means less recoil which helps get back on target quicker, I think I'm saving about $6 a box but I'm shooting 40SW.

I'm looking at going back to school to get my Eng degree just so I can shoot more LOL Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
BUT are ya happy? in the end that's what matters the most. Granted a butt load of cash flowing into my bank account would be awesome and I could do more the trickle of cash is ok and I'm happy. Later,

Kirk

Squirrel

Well-Known Fanatic
I was until about an hour ago when I had to sit in a room getting high from the meth fumes coming off of a guy that I am working with....

... yes, actually I am much happier.

Latest posts