Going back to the dark side?

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
So I originally started training and shooting matches with Glocks but for the last two years I've been shooting a M&P9. Of course my wife has really taken a shine to my old Glock 19 and has claimed it as her gun. So now I'm stuck stocking spare parts and magazines for two systems instead of just one. I'm thinking about switching back to Glocks but I'm just not sure. I really like my M&P's ergonomics and trigger, but I like that the Glock is slightly simpler and easier to work on. I'm just trying to decide if the pro's of the M&P outweigh having to stock extra parts and mags.

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
Dustin Cantrell said:
Do you shoot Glocks or M&Ps better? Go with which one you shoot better.
Well right now I shoot the M&P better because I have been focusing on it for the last two years but honestly I feel like I could be equally good with which ever I devoted my time to.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Glock is the only way to roll. I traded my sig in for a Glock and freaking love it.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
This kind of this is just personal preference. M&P and Glock are both good brands. Just go with witch you shoot best. I love Glock and can shoot a lot better with them. My friend would die before he gave up his xdm's. Guy I work with hates Glock because the grip angle doesn't line up with his wrist so he always shoots high with them.

I'd borrow your wife's Glock and shoot a couple hundred rounds through it to see how you do. You might also see if you can rent a Glock 17 or 34 to try them out. The grip on the 19 is too short for me, but I got big hands. The 34 has a little longer barrel so it's a little more accurate. Might work better in competition for you.

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic
There was a reason you switched to an M&P and put in two years of training on it.
Because you are competing you will need to keep a stock of spare parts.
If she is not competing very often, you don't need to keep spare parts on hand for a gun that is not shot much.

Realizing that the range bag will be lighter supporting one gun and she should be allowed to have her choice of what to shoot, but then again so should you.

In short, stick to your guns. She will come around or start stocking her own spare glock parts. Buy her a nice range bag for her pistol.

MrTheBigOx

Well-Known Fanatic
Robusto said:
There was a reason you switched to an M&P and put in two years of training on it.
Because you are competing you will need to keep a stock of spare parts.
If she is not competing very often, you don't need to keep spare parts on hand for a gun that is not shot much.

Realizing that the range bag will be lighter supporting one gun and she should be allowed to have her choice of what to shoot, but then again so should you.

In short, stick to your guns. She will come around or start stocking her own spare glock parts. Buy her a nice range bag for her pistol.

Dangerouse words. Women can spend a lot of money on stuff like this

And it WILL cut onto YOUR shooting budget

Robusto

Well-Known Fanatic

hermnrob

Well-Known Fanatic
I resisted as long as I could, I do love my M&P but after shooting my buddies 2011, I had to order one. Want get it until April, I hate waiting!

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Send your Glock to me to get it match ready and you won't ever look back. ;-)

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
So my wife read this thread and said "Maybe you should just get one and be done with it" :dancing: Now I just need to gather up some funding...

mwc

Fanatic
I finally scratched the itch to get the STI like everyone said and found that I actually shot the glock better. Who knew?!

Now I can quit chasing the "best" gun and focus on my training. I am glad I tried it, otherwise I would always have thought that my glock is holding me back. Now I KNOW that's not the case. You have to have confidence in the platform your shooting.