Goals for 2012?

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not much for new years resolutions, but I'm a fan of setting goals.
I figure the forum is a good way to keep track of your progress (and remember what your goals  were).

I plan on, 
1. Getting my USPSA classification.
2. Shooting at least 20 matches/comps
3. Competing in my 1st multi gun match
4. Attend at least 1 professionally instructed pistol class.
5. Learn to use the reloading setup I've had in the garage for 5years!!!

So, what are your shooting goals for 2012?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
1. Hoping to make concrete plans to make at least one competition per month, USPSA or 3-Gun, probably more USPSA until my pistol skills develop more, since running a shotgun or rifle is so much easier.
2. Spend more time dry-firing and practicing shooting-related skills: every single day.
3. I'd also like to spend serious time shooting groups, and strong-hand-only/weak-hand-only strings. Or "pimp-hand/other-hand", as my brother calls it.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Make my lazy ass get off the couch and practice more.
Shotgun reloading and all that good stuff!!

(null)

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
Haven't been able to practice in over 3 years so I would like to find some place no more than an hour away to practice. I am going over to Duncan to check out the SCRAP (?) range but from where I am that will be more like 1.25 hours and I hear mixed comments about the range.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
1. Get M2 out of lay a way
2. Get M2 over to Accurate Iron for the happy meal package
3. Practice on reloading both the shotgun and pistol
4. Change from Glock 19 to M&P pro
5. Make as many matches as my 7 month old will allow
6. Start reloading the thousands of rounds of brass I have in the garage
7. Practice more
8. Buy a timer
9. Practice more

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
*. get my wife into shooting with me (check)
*. attend pistol class (on the 8th, check)
1.shoot more
2.shoot more
3.get classified in USPSA
4.spend some time working on transistion from carbine to pistol
5.become proficient with shotgun weak hand reloading
6.Get some reloading equipment and USE IT

The Antichrome

Haven't been able to practice in over 3 years so I would like to find some place no more than an hour away to practice. I am going over to Duncan to check out the SCRAP (?) range but from where I am that will be more like 1.25 hours and I hear mixed comments about the range.

DTR in Wichita Falls?

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
DTR in Wichita Falls?

Meant to check both (Duncan/ DT) out with a bud today. When I got to his place his mom needed firewood so I figured an hour out back and we will be on the road. After a lot of verbal abuse the chainsaw still didnt want to engage the chain. Buds mom told him to go purchase a new one so we did and had breakfast waiting upon our return. The hairs on the back of my neck started standing up like when the locals were upset. We had a good breakfast and drove out back and start cutting some firewood. Now I am getting that tingling going on with the raised hair. What's the deal I think (something like that) and I see my buds mom coming out on the tractor! She has a 20 ft logging chain and now I am up in the bucket chaining up to some serious branches that broke part way from the last ice storm. So 3 pulled large limbs, 2 12-14: trees and some large branches got half of a 12 foot trailer filled up. Made the comment about the time and now I am in her garden while I get a bag of turnips/greens and green onions. Okay back to the house and I think I am heading out and I get stopped in the garage and on wait out while a double large trash bag is half filled with venison steak, roast and soup hunch. So. wore out, didn't hit the ranges, but got fed, and food to bring home. I surely can not complain. I will try and hit those two ranges tomorrow. DT looks to be about a hour and a half away but if I can practice it will be worth it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Ben-Sons

Well-Known Fanatic
Haha! When I'm off work next week, you wanna "check out some ranges"? Right after I finish my detached garage and brush clearing? J/K

Chambers

actual GM
HOA at a 3GN series event.

GM limited.

And to beat el Prez Phil at a pistol match... :)

Aim high, right?

dennishoddy

I've thought a lot about this thread since it was posted.

For the short term, I want to kill my first Elk in the Rockies. That may happen soon.
Got signed up for USPSA, so thats taken care of.
Start reloading for my .40's, and shooting them more.
Buy another .40 in hi-cap and start using it in comps.
Shoot the Hi Plains Pro Am
Meet up with the guys to shoot sporting clays

I'm sure there are more goals my wife would set for me,and put these in the trash bin, but thats it for me.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Big Picture... maybe, buy another house. I've been leasing for 4 years now... and after being a home owner for over 20 years...I miss the work.

Shooting

Get my reloading stuff out of storage and running

Hit 3 matches a month on the average... I may get a IDPA and a USPSA card this year

Snatch up a couple of more classic handguns... I have a short list...

Get an AR rilfe

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Now thanks to you guys on BoomerShooter encouraging me to get out to a match (Heartland), I'm going to widen my horizon a bit more and get to some of the matches at H&H and OKC gun club, and hopefully Ponca City. Need to shoot some steel challenge too.

I hope to also take some more classes. I've taken a couple at H&H from Will, and one from David E. I wouldl really like to make the TDSA class this year as well.

I'm also taking a page from Jesse's "how many rounds did you shoot" and keep me a spreadsheet on what, when, where, and how many I shoot this year.

My best to you all in the new year!

1OKshooter

Well-Known Fanatic
Well mine would be as follows: #1 buy a .40 cal XD M 5.25, #2 get involved with USPSA #3 Start making 1 match a month #4 Get my big but in shape for some running #5 Make Momma Happy! In that order!!!! LOL

Latest posts