Go No Go 9mm

tul9033

Founding Member
I bought a SA RO 9mm Champion for a specific division. Needless to say the gun was full of problems when it arrived. I ended up sending it back to SA and one of the things they did was ream the chamber, When I got it back I dropped several 9mm rounds in the chamber and they were all setting about .025 below the top of barrel hood which raised my concern about the head space. I did fire a mag through it right when I got it back with no issues, but I don't have a Go No Go head space gauge to be certain all is OK. I plan to take it to the range this week, but would like others thoughts before I potentially expose myself to an unsafe head space condition.
Any thoughts?

youre ok on safety, by moving the chamber forward, you are getting more support, not less. If you dont experience any light strikes, then only thing to keep an eye on is extraction. If that isnt an issue, run it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
youre ok on safety, by moving the chamber forward, you are getting more support, not less. If you dont experience any light strikes, then only thing to keep an eye on is extraction. If that isnt an issue, run it.
This is what I was thinking as well but wanted to wait for the expert to chime in.
I think at worst it'll give you extra "jump" but shouldn't be a big deal at that amount.
There're people that shoot .40 in 10mm chambered guns.

tul9033

Founding Member
Thanks Mike, I'm going to run a few hundred rounds through it this week. When it was new both fired and unfired rounds were slipping the extractor. The extractor would end up resting on the back of the case. Probably 5 of 500 did it happen, but even once in a match is no good.
The long chamber may have been there all along, I just didn't think to check until after it came back from SA. I have a new extractor and extended FP on standby.

Latest posts