Glocks

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Have you ever noticed that people tend to gravitate to either Glocks or 1911s?
Kind of like politics...

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
Both are proven technologies, the 1911 has just been around a lot longer.

I like what plastic has done for hand guns. The weight factor is significant. even in a holster the lighter weight of the Glock is easier to walk around with.

Even though there certainly is something to be said for your gun being made of "solid steel",
polymer and space age plastics have proven to be useful and reliable, as well as less costly to produce in quantity.

I've noticed that the Glock designs are being used in American made guns.
scroll down a screen or so: Ruger SR9 Trigger

for example: I see a lot of pistols designed with the "Safe Action" lever in the trigger.
must be a good design, I figure.

Another thing I like about the Glock is the ability to buy conversion barrels and use multiple calibers in the same gun. A Glock chambered in .40 caliber can also shoot 9mm or .357Sig.

;)

Cadillac

Administrator
I bought a previously owned Glock 27. Picked it up this past week and shot it today.

After the first box of range-rounds I am as comfortable with it as I am with my G22.
The smaller frame is not a problem. granted I have the magazine extension with the finger hook, but other than that it shoots and feels just like the G22.

I want to do some upgrades to it over time, like the 25cent triger job and replace the night sights, new recoil spring etc.

It is in pretty good shape over all and shoot accurately. Well, I guess the shooter had a little somethign to da with that :lol:

It fits in my fanny pack I used for the Kel-Tech PF9 and will probably replace the PF9 as my concealed carry of choice. ;)

Geezer

Well-Known Fanatic
What's a 1911?

Just kidding. :lol:

I'm not into the.40's but I have a G17, G19, and a G26. It's amazing how well I can shoot the G26. You would think with the shorter barrel and grip frame it would be harder to shoot well.

I also have a PF-9. I pocket carry it and there are times it just conceals easier than the thicker Glock, but, I carry the Glocks IWB with an MTAC.

All steel handguns are nice but the plastic just makes for more comfortable carry. Just my opinions.

GZR

Administrator
You gona bring it with you to shoot at Thanksgiving?

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
Yea, I'll bring it. I want to bring a couple of things. I want to bring the remmington too. I found a game load by Winchester at wally world that sells for about $5.50 a box of 25 and I want to see if they will cycle the 'leven hundred. If so I'll pick up a few more boxes for practice. the Nitro 27 12 gage shells will cycle the action fine, but they are about $8.00 a box. no point in spending extra money just to hear it go !BANG! :lol:

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Ninja
Damn right they are!
Have you customized them any?
All of mine have the smooth trigger, I just prefer it.
I tend to put 3.5 connectors in all of mine.
I also like to do the 25 cent trigger job on them.
Other than that I reduce the trigger safety and re-contour the trigger guard just a tad and polish the rough spots.
I like for my finger to glide across the polymer...

Dirk Pitt

Well-Known Fanatic
I was brought up on a Glock 17, but I respect and have a 1911. Those who just shoot one and completely discount the other are no better than HK fanboys IMO.

Ninja

Fanatic
Frost said:
Ninja
Damn right they are!
Have you customized them any?
All of mine have the smooth trigger, I just prefer it.
I tend to put 3.5 connectors in all of mine.
I also like to do the 25 cent trigger job on them.
Other than that I reduce the trigger safety and re-contour the trigger guard just a tad and polish the rough spots.
I like for my finger to glide across the polymer...

I haven't done anything to mine yet, I plan on getting another 17 or a 19 to customize it.

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been toying with the idea of another G-17 set up for steel plates.
However whenever I think about another Glock I keep going back to a 9x25 Dillon.
It is supposed to be a monster.

A G-20 can be converted with a drop in barrel from Lone Wolf.
Everything I read indicates they give new meaning to the word LOUD.
Ought to do a good job of impressing the natives...

At .27 cents per piece of brass it can get right pricey to shoot if you go to a lost brass range.

You can buy preformed brass or loaded ammunition from Double Tap
http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalo ... Path=21_24

9x25dt6831797.jpg

The 9x25mm Dillon was designed by Randy Shelley at Dillon Precision Products Inc. & introduced by Dillon in 1988.
The 10mm does 1,250 F.P.S. with a 155 grain projectile, but the 9x25mm does
2,000 F.P.S.with a 95 grain projectile with almost the same energy, app. 530 Foot Pounds.

Latest posts