Glock trigger job

KyleFarnham

Well-Known Fanatic
So I was I looking at competition trigger options for my g34 and thought I would get some explanation on some of the stuff people were promising.
Below is a typical example of the drop-in triggers that I was finding.

http://www.glocktriggers.com/Products.html
("the challenger" is the production legal option on that page.)

Is 3.5 pretty standard for a production gun?
Is having the option for adjustable over-travel good? Necessary?

Thanks for the information and help.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
THIS

David Elderton, USPSA Grandmaster, recommended this to me. I bought it and it was the best thing I've done to my glock. If you go to matches, I'll let you play around with mine. It is pure awesome.

ef9turbo

Well-Known Fanatic
THIS

David Elderton, USPSA Grandmaster, recommended this to me. I bought it and it was the best thing I've done to my glock. If you go to matches, I'll let you play around with mine. It is pure awesome.

I will say that this trigger kit is not the best. I have personal experience with it and it is a pretty sloppy, sluggish trigger after installation. I'm no novice to firearms and did not install incorrectly.

I like factory Glock parts, a nice polish and a lightened firing pin safety pin. It will give you a nice crisp trigger. Or you can send it to Mike ;)

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Mine has proven neither sluggish, nor sloppy. I'll have to let a more experienced finger fondle it though just to make sure.

Strokin04

Grits N Gravy
Save your money up and go with Mike. I will bring my Glock and M&P to the OKCGC this Saturday and you can shoot both and experience first hand the magic Accurate Iron can do to your gun.

ef9turbo

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine has proven neither sluggish, nor sloppy. I'll have to let a more experienced finger fondle it though just to make sure.

LOL. I didn't say your gun was sluggish or sloppy. It's a cheap Rocket kit with Wolf springs. I was simply giving my experiences with the kit. But yes, please allow a more "experienced" finger to fondle it ;)

KyleFarnham

Well-Known Fanatic
Save your money up and go with Mike. I will bring my Glock and M&P to the OKCGC this Saturday and you can shoot both and experience first hand the magic Accurate Iron can do to your gun.

Thanks for the offer, but i won't be at OKCGC this match. I'm going to be in South Dakota visiting family.
Can anyone tell me the average turn around time for Accurate Iron?

PDN

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone have any experience with the fulcrum triggers for glocks? Thanks - Paul

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Thanks for the offer, but i won't be at OKCGC this match. I'm going to be in South Dakota visiting family.
Can anyone tell me the average turn around time for Accurate Iron?

Good/Cheap/Fast

Pick any 2 :D

ef9turbo

Well-Known Fanatic
Does anyone have any experience with the fulcrum triggers for glocks? Thanks - Paul

The Fulcrum trigger was very nice. IMO a tad bit sluggish, but very little over travel and very short reset. Good fast trigger, just a tad bit expensive. I think price wise, you'd be better off with an Accurate Iron trigger job!

Im probably done doing glock triggers for awhile; too busy.

a polished 3.5# connector, good sights, and a tdsa class is all you really need on a glock.

shootingbuff

Well-Known Fanatic
THIS

I did this a bunch of yrs ago before the kit was available. I don’t have the half plate or the broke screwdriver ;), but for what I paid for it and the fact I did it myself it is great. Matter of fact there is even an article that refers to my trigger in Combat Handguns IIRC a few months later. For the price and satisfaction of doing it yourself it is a good kit. Now if someone can not install it..... ;)

Vanek is the man as is Matt of Custom Glock Racing which I am not sure what he is doing these days. Both can do crazy and wonderful things to your triggers. I have friends that have both - I have to do my own work if I can with 5 kids, 2 dogs, yadda yadda. You can not beat the price of the kit unless you ge the work done for free.

So I have fondled great triggers and have had my trigger fondled and yes it is not the best,, but it is good enough to make me proud and keep me competitive.

You can also replace the GRC with any connector and a lone Wolf trigger housing which has an adjustable trigger stop / over travel set screw. I have a bud you is a good shooter and swears by them. I feel it is one more thing to go wrong so stick with the GRC.

Give everything a lite polish and shoot the heck out of it. Same thing can be said for a stock trigger.

Latest posts