Glock mods?

Matthew77

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone have Mike do something similar to the Gen4 "sandpaper" feel? Not that he can't do it, but I was curious as to what it looked like. I have a gen2 that is slick as my baby girls rearend. (LOL)

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I am going to have him do something similar on my gun. I will post a picture of what it looks like when I get back in the office.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Actually I have to wait until a certain "other" site is back up to find the picture.

The texture on the G4 Glocks is little bitty raised bumps. What Mike does technically will be little bitty indentations (melted holes) but I think the effect might still be similar

Skiluvr03

Fanatic
Where did you read this at, have a link? How would they know that your gun has a trigger job and why would they care? Just asking because my carry gun is a G27 that has a trigger job done by Mike and have never heard of people getting in trouble for carrying a gun with a trigger job.
I couldn't remember exactly where I read it, but I did a search on a Glock Site and did find many references to my statement. What I found out was, that this is a issue that has been "beaten" into the ground with huge debate and no definitive answers. There has been discussions of Prosecutors rambling on in Court about "Hair" triggers and trying to make the Defendant in CIVIL Court appear to be someone who wants to go out and shoot someone. Which, as we all know, if you do shoot someone in Self-Defense, then you need to make damn sure you kill them, so as not to be sued at a later date. Looking at the discussions, 90 percent are those that think that Trigger Jobs aren't any liability, but these are people just giving their opinions and have no legal expertise. So, I guess you might as well say that I don't have an answer for you, or a link to reference you too, but it is something to think about, I guess? I say, don't worry about having or getting a trigger job and just make sure you kill the bastard, ROFL.

Skiluvr03

Fanatic
Seriously?
I know you're being Sarcastic and I'm being Serious as we've always been told don't shoot unless you intend to kill and only kill when your life or your families life is in immanent danger. If you're not being Sarcastic, then you shouldn't have a gun for Self Defense purposes.

SteveS

Well-Known Fanatic
I know you're being Sarcastic and I'm being Serious as we've always been told don't shoot unless you intend to kill and only kill when your life or your families life is in immanent danger. If you're not being Sarcastic, then you shouldn't have a gun for Self Defense purposes.

There was a recent shooting at the Rodeo club in OKC involving off duty officers working security. The investigators checked the trigger pull on the officers gun. I do not believe there is anything wrong with a trigger job. However it needs to fit the use.

I also would never say I had intent to kill someone. It is not so much what you do, but how you say what you did. I would never say "kill the bastard" myself. I have been on the witness stand and had the prosecutor screaming "why were you trying to kill me client"? My answer "I was not trying to kill you client" The prosecutor's response "WHAT, YOU SHOT EIGHT ROUNDS AT MY CLIENT AND YOU WEREN'T TRYING TO KILL HIM" my response "I was trying to stop the threat" The client is currently serving for 40 years for ADW. It was his tenth felony. But, only his first after being released from prison for the 9 previous.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Anyone have Mike do something similar to the Gen4 "sandpaper" feel? Not that he can't do it, but I was curious as to what it looked like. I have a gen2 that is slick as my baby girls rearend. (LOL)
I found those pictures of the "sandpaper" looking stipple on a G27 that Mike did. That's about as clean of a look as you are going to find.

glockstippling004pc5.jpg

glockstippling001jt7.jpg

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I'm Sorry, but, time on what? I replied to a question in one day.

I think he was referring to all the "kill the bastard" talk making your post sound less than intelligent which makes nobody take you seriously. Subsequent posts are then ignored by everyone else.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have a great sandpaper texture that Mike did on one of my shotguns. It's not as rough as the scalloped deal on my Glocks but it's nice. I think it takes him more time so it cost more though.

Skiluvr03

Fanatic
I think he was referring to all the "kill the bastard" talk making your post sound less than intelligent which makes nobody take you seriously. Subsequent posts are then ignored by everyone else.
Okay, it was just a some light humor that I guess came-across wrong, oh well. Rather one cares to read my next comment is up to them, but some of us that used to shoot in IPSIC matches (been so long now, I might have the acronym wrong) used to put strips of skateboard tape on our Glock grips. I have to admit this is a cheap-o version of other options, but it worked well for us, especially when hands are real sweaty from the competition.

twotonevert

Well-Known Fanatic
Interesting discussion. I just installed a NY trigger on mine, which increases pressure required to pull the trigger. Also, with the Stand your Ground law we have in place, I thought a victim could not be sued by an attacker in the state of Oklahoma. So in unlikely event I do have to defend myself or family, and find myself in court, the DA would have to argue that a safer trigger means I am looking for a fight? Not trying to argue one way or another, I just want to understand.

lenahorse1

Active Fanatic
I carry an older G32 357 sig, almost everywhere, Its about stock other than nite sights, the trigger has been smoothed up not lightened about 4.75 lbs, I have spent my time practicing with it rather than adding upgrades. I dont want adjustable sights just good nitesights. I try to shoot 100 rounds a month with it and sometimes an IDPA match with it. I usually carry gold dots or Ranger T ammunition. I just dont care for all the mods on my carry gun.
Stay Safe--Larry

upnover

Active Fanatic
i bought a g32 from brian k on this board that mike had done a trigger job and stipple on and now i need to get my 20, and 29 in line to have mike work his magic on, the 20 has had a 3lb connecor droopped in it but it is not even comparable to the trigger on the 32 that mike worked over, the 32 is very smooth and i like the stippling as well and want to do it on the 20 at least maybe the 29. other that that night sights and as many have said range time.

Latest posts