Glock mods?

Mrshooter

New Fanatic
What's your favorite modifications on a glock and why??
I want to take my G19 to accurate iron, thinking of maybe
of dehorning, melt, internal & barrel polishing. Oh yea.... And add
some front slide serations.

I'm looking to make a "smooth but gripping" CCW.

Any other ideas?

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
What's your favorite modifications on a glock and why??
I want to take my G19 to accurate iron, thinking of maybe
of dehorning, melt, internal & barrel polishing. Oh yea.... And add
some front slide serations.

I'm looking to make a "smooth but gripping" CCW.

Any other ideas?

The front slide serrations are unnecessary other than for cosmetic reasons and Glocks are already fairly melted. I'd highly recommend Mike's work though. I've had him do two S&W's and two Glocks with excellent results. He has another M&P of mine for work right now.

Mrshooter

New Fanatic
The front slide serrations are unnecessary other than for cosmetic reasons and Glocks are already fairly melted. I'd highly recommend Mike's work though. I've had him do two S&W's and two Glocks with excellent results. He has another M&P of mine for work right now.

I was googling and I saw an article that caught my eye.
http://www.handgunsmag.com/featured_handguns/bowie_101204/

I like his glock, but not too fond of the slide finish.

I'm excited to see Mikes work. I've heard great things.

I prefer press checks using fwd cocking serrations, and I can do a pretty wicked slide lock reload using them too, but Jerry's is correct, theres nothing in the realm of pistol manipulation skills that really requires them.

Something to be said for cosmetics, though! :D

chopper2.jpg

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Mike - did you round the edges on that glock?

B

PS - that photo is website worthy I think - now where is the rest of the info LOL

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I can't press check or cock a glock up front becaseu they are too smooth. I am going to add some front serrations and some rounding this winter.

The #1 thing every glock need is tigger job, #2 better sights, #3 beavertail, #4 undercut trigger guard, #5 stippled grip, #6 magwell (internal or external depending on your carry requirements. The rest of the stuff is not neccessary just nice to have if you want to rock out with your glock out and impress the ladies.

Here are my Accurate Ironized Glocks

Glock 34 - Production - Scalloped Grip, Internal Magwell, 3.5 lb Trigger Job, Extended Guide Rod, 13 lb ISMI Recoil Spring, Dawson Adjustable Rear Sights, Dawson Green Fiber Optic Front Sight

SANY0017.jpg

SANY0030.jpg

Glock 24 - Limited - Scalloped Grip, Undercut Trigger Guard, Extended Beavertail, Dawson Ice Heavy Magwell, 3.5 lb Trigger Job, Extended Guide Rod, 15 lb ISMI Recoil Spring, JP Extended Magazine Release, Dawson Adjustable Rear Sights, Dawson .280" Green Fiber Optic Front Sight

SANY0021.jpg

Glock 35 - Limited - Scalloped Grip, Undercut Trigger Guard, Extended Beavertail, Dawson Ice Heavy Magwell, 3.5 lb Trigger Job, Extended Guide Rod, 15 lb ISMI Recoil Spring, JP Extended Magazine Release, Dawson Adjustable Rear Sights, Dawson .280" Green Fiber Optic Front Sight

SANY0027.jpg

Glock 17 - Open - Scalloped Grip, Undercut Trigger Guard, Extended Beavertail, Coffin Cut on Top of Slide Like The G34,35,24,17L, Dawson Ice Heavy Magwell, 3.5 lb Trigger Job, Tungsten Guide Rod, 11 lb Wolff Recoil Spring, JP Extended Magazine Release, C-More STS 7 MOA, Jager Comp, Lone Wolf Barrel

SANY0003.jpg

SANY0005.jpg

...wipe the drewl off your keyboard its disgusting.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Here are my favorites in the order I would handle them:

1. Over-travel stop on the trigger - you may not want to lighten the trigger pull a whole lot on a CCW, but an overtravel stop will help with follow up shots
2. Sights - The stock ones suck. Get some good sights. Maybe night sights for a CCW?
3. Grip - Have Mike stipple it up for you. Grip tape is good, but it's temporary and it always seems to peel up at the wrong time.

Then just buy a crap load of ammo and learn to shoot it REALLY well. That will make it more likely to serve it's purpose than any modification.

Prdator

Keepers Concealment
I can't press check or cock a glock up front becaseu they are too smooth. I am going to add some front serrations and some rounding this winter.

The #1 thing every glock need is tigger job, #2 better sights, #3 beavertail, #4 undercut trigger guard, #5 stippled grip, #6 magwell (internal or external depending on your carry requirements. The rest of the stuff is not neccessary just nice to have if you want to rock out with your glock out and impress the ladies.

Here are my Accurate Ironized Glocks

Glock 34 - Production - Scalloped Grip, Internal Magwell, 3.5 lb Trigger Job, Extended Guide Rod, 13 lb ISMI Recoil Spring, Dawson Adjustable Rear Sights, Dawson Green Fiber Optic Front Sight

SANY0017.jpg

SANY0030.jpg

Glock 24 - Limited - Scalloped Grip, Undercut Trigger Guard, Extended Beavertail, Dawson Ice Heavy Magwell, 3.5 lb Trigger Job, Extended Guide Rod, 15 lb ISMI Recoil Spring, JP Extended Magazine Release, Dawson Adjustable Rear Sights, Dawson .280" Green Fiber Optic Front Sight

SANY0021.jpg

Glock 35 - Limited - Scalloped Grip, Undercut Trigger Guard, Extended Beavertail, Dawson Ice Heavy Magwell, 3.5 lb Trigger Job, Extended Guide Rod, 15 lb ISMI Recoil Spring, JP Extended Magazine Release, Dawson Adjustable Rear Sights, Dawson .280" Green Fiber Optic Front Sight

SANY0027.jpg

Glock 17 - Open - Scalloped Grip, Undercut Trigger Guard, Extended Beavertail, Coffin Cut on Top of Slide Like The G34,35,24,17L, Dawson Ice Heavy Magwell, 3.5 lb Trigger Job, Tungsten Guide Rod, 11 lb Wolff Recoil Spring, JP Extended Magazine Release, C-More STS 7 MOA, Jager Comp, Lone Wolf Barrel

SANY0003.jpg

SANY0005.jpg

...wipe the drewl off your keyboard its disgusting.

so just which one of those do you carry concealed ???????????

For Concealed Carry

I put good sights on my Glocks ( Ameriglo operator pro's) undercut the trigger guard or I'll get a nasty Glock knuckle on my middle finger and then do a .25 cent trigger job and add a Factory 4.5# connector.

But far more important than ANY mods you can do to the gun is to go take some professional firearm training!!!!! learn to run the gun and then if you need mods to them Sparingly!!!!!!!

jtischauser

so just which one of those do you carry concealed ???????????

Concealed carry? These are competition guns. I just thought the pictures might give the originator some ideas his carry gun.

Post modified because I am ignorant to the section this is in. My apologies to those that noticed.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
sounds like you Glocksters work on your gats as much as the 1911 guys do.

<busting chops completed>

Nice bunch of pistols gents... guns and motor cycles have one thing in common... it's not what you ride...it's IF you ride.

Concealed carry? These are competition guns. But since you asked I have Carried the production gun under my concealment vest.

Which one of your carry guns do you shoot USPSA or 3 gun with?

He asked because this thread is in the ccw section.

jtischauser

Doh!!! You would think the mods would delete the stuff that doesn't belong.

My bad Spencer. I was just trying to brag up Mikes handy work.

I guess if you take off all the good stuff that makes my guns fast the could be used for CCW;)~

MattM

Active Fanatic
Glocks need 3 things.... 1)trigger job 2)sights (Sevigny's) and 3) lots of ammo....

Skiluvr03

Fanatic
I love a trigger job on a Glock, and did one on my last one, but I got a newer, smaller Glock for CCW, and I have read that you don't want to be in Court after a shooting explaining your trigger job to a gung-ho Prosecuter.

Strokin04

Grits N Gravy
I love a trigger job on a Glock, and did one on my last one, but I got a newer, smaller Glock for CCW, and I have read that you don't want to be in Court after a shooting explaining your trigger job to a gung-ho Prosecuter.

Where did you read this at, have a link? How would they know that your gun has a trigger job and why would they care? Just asking because my carry gun is a G27 that has a trigger job done by Mike and have never heard of people getting in trouble for carrying a gun with a trigger job.