Glock magazine extensions

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I need to buy a few for my G34 and G35. Which ones is everyone using? I'm considering the Dawson, Arredondo and the Taylor Freelance.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
The Dawson & TF Bases are BOTH excellent but the Dawson bases are more popular.

The Dawsons are tooless and are removed by sliding a tab forward & then the base comes off.
The bases are made of aluminum.

The TF are removed by removing 2 screws from the rear & removing a small alum. plate then sliding the base forward off of the mag.
The bases are made of Delrin.

Both come with an over power spring

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I just have to say that the Dawson pads are freakin' awesome! I recall at the Ponca High Cap Hosedown my mags came a part a couple times and got washed out in a puddle of water and the Dawsons I just slid the catch and took them apart. I'm a fan of the Dawson products. Later,

Kirk

DoctorJJ

Doc's Gun Store
I just have to say that the Dawson pads are freakin' awesome! I recall at the Ponca High Cap Hosedown my mags came a part a couple times and got washed out in a puddle of water and the Dawsons I just slid the catch and took them apart. I'm a fan of the Dawson products. Later,

Kirk

The Dawson's came apart on you? Wouldn't this be a bad thing? I don't want my mags coming apart at the range.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I could be wrong but I think that Kirk's way of saying he took his mags apart to wash them out in a puddle of water.​
It was super muddy at the hosedown & any time you dropped a mag to do a mag change, you had to take it apart to clean it.​

For what it's worth, I've never seen a Dawson or TF Basepad come off without intentionally trying to take it off.​

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh no the basepads ain't gonna come off unless you want them too! yes the hosedown was muddy, I was sporting my Muck boots and at first I was getting laughs but about the second stage I could have rented them out lol Later,

They don't need tools to be taken apart but they do take some effort to get apart, I could see no way one would just come apart. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts