Glock Mag Pouches

Jeffrey Hite

Well-Known Fanatic
I need to change mag pouches. Going to use tech lock on them. Give me recommendations. I use them for USPSA and 3 Gun. I now have Comp Tac and last year In a match they came off my belt so they must go.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have been using the Bladetech Pro Series Competition mag pouches for like 4 years or so. Never lost a mag yet. You can adjust them for cant but I run them straight up and down.

Jeffrey Hite

Well-Known Fanatic
That would have been funnier. No, I have the belt fed pouch, and when I grabbed a mag the whole thing came off and hit the ground. I picked up the mags and shoot the stage with mags in hand.

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
JeffH said:
That would have been funnier. No, I have the belt fed pouch, and when I grabbed a mag the whole thing came off and hit the ground. I picked up the mags and shoot the stage with mags in hand.
I remember that video lol... i think you said "im gonna need that" and picked up your mags and shot the rest of the stage one handed.... youve seen my mag pouches i think but they are my favorite out of all the ones i have owned, the DAA racemaster (aluminum ones) they are pretty expensive but hold the mag secure enough to turn the holder upside down and shake it, yet when you pull the mag it comes out like butter. I think you have to do a touch of sanding to use these with glock mags.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I like Safariland 773 and 771 mag pouches. They can't come off the belt inadvertently. And they're relatively inexpensive.

RobE

Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I have been using the Bladetech Pro Series Competition mag pouches for like 4 years or so. Never lost a mag yet. You can adjust them for cant but I run them straight up and down.
I was leaning towards the Blade-Tech Pro Series or the Classic single mag pouches for USPSA (Production/Limited/Open) and 3Gun. Any idea if the Pro Series are Production and IDPA (yeah, I know :-/) legal?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
RobE said:
I was leaning towards the Blade-Tech Pro Series or the Classic single mag pouches for USPSA (Production/Limited/Open) and 3Gun. Any idea if the Pro Series are Production and IDPA (yeah, I know :-/) legal?
I know they are USPSA production legal. Not sure on IDPA though.

RobE

Fanatic
Good to know, thanks Jesse. I'll just pickup a few of the Classic pouches for IDPA and the Pro Series for USPSA use.

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
I'm running the DAA racer pouches for my limited rig and I really like them. They come with all the spacer just like the race master pretty good deal at 30 bucks. Screw to belt so they won't slide around at all. The safariland is pretty nice also I have those for single stack.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
A couple months ago I bought five Ghost mag pouches to run Production with. I really like them. They come with two pouches and one backer. The backer is adjustable for different belt widths. There is a bullets-forward pouch and bullets-outward pouch with each one. If set up for bullets outward, you don't save any real estate on your belt. I've been running bullets forward.
They retain mags using a plastic spring, which I was pretty skeptical about, but it works incredibly well. They are universal, and will work with virtually any magazine. There are a pair of set nylon set screws in the back of the pouch you use to adjust for front-to-back fit. Side fit is automatically taken up due to the retention spring.
Mags are very easy to remove, but are retained very well. There's a video of Kita Stoeger out there doing stuff to try and get them to fall out. I didn't do any of that ****, but running and jumping and going prone have not resulted in mag loss, or even any movement as far as I can tell. The backer is very secure on the belt. $24 each.

gondo

Well-Known Fanatic
R.Pullicar.jr said:
There are some safariland pouches with els clips for glock posted on enos right now looks to be decent price.

Look 2 posts up....

Latest posts