Glock 42

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
There are already complaints on YouTube and different Glock web forums. Seems there are failure to feed and firing pin safety problems.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Larry Rigsby said:
There are already complaints on YouTube and different Glock web forums. Seems there are failure to feed and firing pin safety problems.
This sorta thing is exactly why I've never been in a hurry to get the latest NEW design polymer pistol. M&P's had extractor issues, shield was recalled for something and all the Caracal were recalled too weren't they?

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
This sorta thing is exactly why I've never been in a hurry to get the latest NEW design polymer pistol. M&P's had extractor issues, shield was recalled for something and all the Caracal were recalled too weren't they?
It's the Springfield XDs that had a total recall. Very few Shields actually had to go back to Smith after being examined for the supposed defect.

But yes, first run polymer pistols seem to be somewhat prone to issues...

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Wall said:
Didn't the M&P's have mag catch issues in the beginning?
Can't remember 100%
The only issues I remember are the extractor issues on the 9mm models and some early accuracy issues.

shooterrdy

Active Fanatic
Give Me the 30 S and forget the .380 business.

best quote I heard at my LGS lately was People talk about a .45, Shoot a 9mm and Carry a .380 Its both funny and True.

I do agree the new Glock should of ben a 9 mm with a 7-9 round capacity. and Yes Glock was late to the Dance. Damn it Glock!!

ck71

Fanatic
Matt Washburn said:
Interesting...I wish they would have made it a single stack 9 instead of 380. Seems like it's around the same width as the shield or xds.
I agree that a single stack 9mm would have been better than the 380.

mikey80

Negative Approach
How many people actually carry a subcompact for EDC?

I've carried a G27 when I'm not carrying a G23, but I always go back to carrying the G23. I couldn't tell you the last time I carried the G27. Are these guns even relevant in the "boomer" sense of the word? Or is this all just a bunch of hate pointed toward the OG manufacturer of these polymer guns as to which all other plastic gun makers are still chasing precedents set by?

I'm actually serious. No sarcasm font used. ;-)

mikey80

Negative Approach
I shot Jamie Meyer's G42 at the match at OKCGC last weekend. It felt like a Glock. Sights, trigger, even the grip (for the most part) were represented just like all my Glocks. Hell, it's made in the US and had Georgia stamps and markings where the usual Austrian markings are. It was pretty cool for a .380. Not really my caliber or cup of tea, but it was really cool, none the less.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Micah_Rowe said:
How many people actually carry a subcompact for EDC?

I've carried a G27 when I'm not carrying a G23, but I always go back to carrying the G23. I couldn't tell you the last time I carried the G27. Are these guns even relevant in the "boomer" sense of the word? Or is this all just a bunch of hate pointed toward the OG manufacturer of these polymer guns as to which all other plastic gun makers are still chasing precedents set by?

I'm actually serious. No sarcasm font used. ;-)
Not everyone is a total gun nerd who's hip to good CCW gear. I've met standard gun people who think that anything bigger than a Ruger LCP or a SIG P938 is too bulky to conceal at all.

Plus when American Handgunner plasters these things on the cover and says THIS IS YOUR NEW GOD OF CONCEALED CARRY everyone realizes just how much their old gun printed and has to get something smaller.

mikey80

Negative Approach
poopgiggle said:
Not everyone is a total gun nerd who's hip to good CCW gear. I've met standard gun people who think that anything bigger than a Ruger LCP or a SIG P938 is too bulky to conceal at all.Plus when American Handgunner plasters these things on the cover and says THIS IS YOUR NEW GOD OF CONCEALED CARRY everyone realizes just how much their old gun printed and has to get something smaller.
Fair enough.

Latest posts